After Admitted to TAMU Class of 2026... Whoop!

so there will be another phase including merit scholarships?

1 Like

Yes. And the total may get updated depends on whether an award is stackable. NMF letter should be sending out on week of 2/14/2022 to recipients and universities if assigned.

4 Likes

Thank you both. He found a NSC date offered for TAP/Blinn and Architecture. My guess is he will not be consulting with any Architecture advisor as his TAMU classes will likely be non-major, but at least he will have that option at this NSC if possible.

That is my understanding as well. ConSci does not have a guaranteed path agreement through Blinn Tea, but the threshold requirements are not too high. FriscoDad was extremely helpful in providing info on this on the other thread, and I recall him saying that it is unnecessary to offer a Blinn contract for these students given the low transfer barrier. TAMU actually admits more transfers into ConSci each year than incoming freshman.

1 Like

Daughter got McFadden in addition to National Scholar. Super excited.

6 Likes

@joelatte wow! Thatā€™s awesome!

1 Like

Congrats! I was beginning to think they didnā€™t issue any academic scholarships yesterday!

1 Like

Thank you we are grateful

1 Like

My friendā€™s student had received a $3500 scholarship a while ago and yesterday received a national recognition scholarship of $4000, which then qualified their student for OOS waiver. Not stackable though, but good for them.

1 Like

So a NMFinalist gets $10,500/year based on this - is this correct?

yes, that is my understanding, too. Waiting for NMF notification on 2/14.

2 Likes

@ChristiR93 Piggybacking off this threadā€¦ my son also just got in through BlinnTEAM, and we are looking at NSC dates. He wants to do businessā€¦ should he only pick dates that include both TEAM and Business? Thanks!! :slight_smile:

@Lavalocks19 day 2 is major specific; Mays students will meet with their advisors at Wehner/Mays building, then register after lunch. TEAM will meet with TEAM specific advisors, at their designated location.
Pick a TEAM NSC date, doesnā€™t have to have a Business date, since you wonā€™t be in that building; heā€™s entering as General Studies.

2 Likes

@pinkmomma wow! Thatā€™s an outstanding amount! Congrats!

1 Like

My kid got into engineering without submitting SAT or ACT score. However, My understanding is that if he scored high enough in math and verbal sections of the SAT, he does not have to take the TSI ((Texas Success Initiative) test. Can anyone confirm this? Does anyone know if it is ok to have College Board send the SAT score to Texas A and M so that he is exempt from the TSI test?

@52AG82 answered. No need. But you can have your son call to see if there is any way he can meet with an advisor after the school year begins.

And Iā€™m happy to help with degree plan. You need to watch it carefully. Sometimes the blinn advisors will have you take a class you already have credit for. Itā€™s maddening.

2 Likes

If we are TEAB, do we pick a NSC date that has engineering and TEAM? I didnā€™t see one that said TEAB specifically. Also, I was reading that if we took the SATs and met the minimum cut off, weā€™d be TSI exempt? Will the school know that based off the scores we submitted or do we have to somehow resubmit it to another section to get the exemption?

1 Like

Yes, you can send SAT scores to get exemption of TSI. Once done, the cross mark will change to green check in to do list.

1 Like

@ChristiR93 Thank you! Yes, I think we might be reaching out to you later to make sure my son is taking the right classes. It sounds a little confusing, so itā€™s nice to know you are there :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Does anyone know if we have to have college board resend SAT scores to TAMU for the ā€œXā€ next to TSI initiative to go away or will TAMU already know that they have the test scores from the admissions application review? When we launch the TSI link, it says ā€œNo TSI status link on fileā€ and that itā€™s not complete in this area. We are trying to work our way down the checklist so any helpful tips are greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Hi! So Iā€™m seeing the NSC dates that are possible for my major and location, however, there are only 2 and 1 of them is during my graduation so I only have one option. I havenā€™t 100% committed yet as I am still waiting on other colleges but Iā€™m scared that the NSC date that I can attend is going to fill up. What should I do? If I sign up now will I be able to get a refund later if I chose to go to a different college? As of right now A&M is my number 1 choice.