Airport Shuttle to/from Birmingham Airport

<p>We are making air reservations for Winter Holiday break and would like recommendations for airport shuttle service. We are looking at shuttle to airport on Saturday Dec 15 flight leaving about 11:30 AM. Return flights TBD but looking at Sunday or Monday Jan 6-7th.</p>

<p>Flying from California most flights arrive late evening (9:15 PM or 10:50 PM). Thanks, in advance, for recommendations from experienced CC posters. Roll Tide!</p>

<p>If you can’t share a shuttle service, we have had good service from Tony and reasonable rate (especially if solo). </p>

<p>On Time Transportation: 205 219-9673
tonystransporation24hours***********</p>

<p>DS is lucky to be able to leave the 14th but I may be in contact for the return.</p>

<p>I am using Crown Limo and Sedan. $125 each way but if they can put another student in the car then it is $70 each way. 205 758 3875 they were very nice.</p>

<p>Is there any reason to NOT use this shuttle service? [Student</a> Affairs | Housing & Residential Communities](<a href=“http://housing.ua.edu/on_campus/shuttle.cfm]Student”>http://housing.ua.edu/on_campus/shuttle.cfm) Seems convenient and less expensive. Is it known to be reliable?</p>

<p>RTRMom2, there are some flight times where taking the school shuttle doesn’t work. For example, my son and his RM are taking an 8:45 flight home for Thanksgiving, so they will need a private ride as no shuttle will get them to the airport in time.</p>

<p>I agree Class2012Mom, the shuttles dont really serve the nonstops to chicago. DD wants to fly out Tuesday or the late flight on Monday and the shuttle is not an option. I am hoping she can go on FB and find others to share a ride.</p>

<p>Unfortunately the school shuttle is not good for early flights. My s is taking a 6:15 am flight out of BHM so the shuttle would not work for us. Another problem is that for a connecting flight the shuttle will not track your flight and if delayed you may miss your ride. The private service will track the flight and be there when the student lands. I wish we could try the shuttle for $60 round trip but times do not work.</p>

<p>I often take a redeye from the West Coast, though sometimes it means flying to another city and taking a redeye out of there. Note that Southwest does not normally offer redeye flights. From Sacramento, there should be an 11:00 PM-ish flight to Atlanta and a 1:00 am-ish flight to Minneapolis-St. Paul, the latter requiring a double connection to get to BHM. </p>

<p>As I cannot seem to find cheap seats on the 11:45 am flight to Atlanta on December 15th, it looks like I’ll have to take a private shuttle for the 9:15 am flight. The company I use charges $65 each way+tip and is not a shared service, but charges an extra fee for more than one passenger. </p>

<p>When taking the UA shuttle, I try to arrive earlier in the day so that in the case of flight delays, I can take a later shuttle. This allowed me to get bumped off a flight for a $400 voucher, but almost caused me to miss the late shuttle when flight delays almost necessitated a late arrival due to an additional connection in Reno (the only flight available.)</p>

<p>I should look for people to share airport shuttles with.</p>