Alabama Student from Midwest

<p>Hello Everyone, I am applying to University of Alabama and I really want to join a fraternity. Will it be difficult for me since I’m from the midwest (Illinois)?</p>

<p>Thanks</p>

<p>Welcome cmcdade12! My son graduated from a high school north of Chicago last year and is a current fraternity pledge at UA this year. He knew little about the various houses going in, asked for information from all, visited a good number of houses, quickly focusing down to two. He got bids from both, picked one and is now having the time of his life. Our experience was it was not difficult for an out of state student, that said he did not have his heart set on any particular house, nor “old row”. </p>

<p>With all positive changes happening in the greek system, it’s an exciting time for the greek students at UA.</p>

<p>P.S. if your parents have any reservations (we did!), you can tell them he spends a lot of time in required study hours at the house. Overall, what we’ve seen has been positive.</p>

<p>If my son can join a fraternity coming from Hawaii, you can do so from Illinois. Come on down!</p>