Am I denied or what?

<p>My decision box just changed to "Denied/Offer Multiple Options." I got deferred on 12/11 and sent in my quarter grades immediately, which were A, A-, B, B, B-, C. I applied for Liberal Arts/USP, if that's relevant. (3.5 GPA, 29 ACT, CA Resident, Nearly 20 AP's, broad EC's)</p>

<p>What does this mean?</p>

<p>Denied/Offer Multiple Options: Applicant denied. Decision letter will detail other offers for admission to Purdue West Lafayette or waitlist.</p>

<p>That’s from the Purdue website. Hope that helps!</p>

<p>Never knew Purdue had that type of decision. Learning something new everyday…</p>

<p>Wait, so since I applied for the lowest division at Purdue and there’s nothing else they could offer me admission to, am I going to be on the waitlist? </p>

<p>And why the helll didn’t I get in, people with a lot worse stats got in…</p>

<p>Maybe give them a quick call Monday. I got accepted in less than 10 days for Liberal Arts with 29 ACT, 3.6 UW, little ECs</p>

<p>I’m scared now… I’m also deferred but I have to send in my semester grades in, once I finish this semester…
wish you all the best</p>

<p>I got a letter today that said that I’m admitted to Purdue for Fall 2010, but if I go I have to take less than 10 credit hours each of my first two semesters in the U Explorers program. I’d also have a personal advisor to monitor my progress and meet with me on a weekly basis to review my assignments and grades. Honestly, getting this offer was kind of insulting. I’m a perfectly smart guy and I believe I was qualified to get into the University from the start. Sounds like I’d be “special ed.” Not happening guys.</p>

<p>Theres really nothing wrong with that to be honest. Even though you may consider it to being like “special ed”, its beneficial. Not only does this help monitor your progress but it motivates you to go to class, do your hw, etc. If I were you I’d still be part of this program, the only bad thing is the 10 credit hours per semester. However, it also translates into more social time! Gives you the upper edge to make friends since you’d have more availability than others.</p>

<p>^True, I guess. Thing is, though, I don’t need that push for motivation. Im in 7 AP’s right now and pulling about a 3.7. I was at or above average on all spectrums of their admissions. This is just so confusing.</p>

<p>Well students who have done well in high school have lower grades than what their used to seeing. I have a friend who had enough AP credits his first year to make him into sophomore class level. However, his GPA right now is a 2.7 in Computer Science and says the classes are just tough. You got the social life around you and freedom. It is true that a lot of high achievers in high school break down when they get into college for different reasons. You really never know. Even myself, I thought my classes were going to be a breeze but I lost motivation because of the social aspect around campus. Pretty much partied everyday and wouldn’t recommend you doing the saying thing lol</p>

<p>OK… well when I got the special offer thing in the mail a month ago, it was a small envelope and wasn’t uplifting or anything.</p>

<p>TODAY I got the big “Congratulations!” envelope that said I got into the university and the USP and then I checked my online status and it says “Offer Admission” instead of “Denied/ Offer Multiple Options” like it did previously.</p>

<p>I’m going to call and ask what’s up on monday… but did they change their mind?</p>

<p>What major did you apply for? Outside of engineering/comp sci/pre pharm I’m surprised you got rerouted as even management should’ve taken you pretty easy. What did you get on those AP tests? And it’s funny. For me, I didn’t do as well in HS as I did in college. So many people in college who shouldn’t be there lol.</p>

<p>Is anyone else still waiting to hear from Purdue about admission? We sent in 7th semester grades and the web site says they received them on Feb 5.
*ACT 29 (32 in Math and Science)
*Took BC Calculus junior year - got a B and a C (really tough teacher) scored a 5 on the AP exam
*Took Calc 3 from a local college fall semester senior year and got a B
*Taking AP Physics now, getting an A
*GPA = 3.6 (last semester, I had a 4.0 = these were the 7th semester grades)</p>

<p>I’m worried that it’s taking so long because my son won’t get into Engineering. What are his chances…and is anyone else STILL waiting to hear from Purdue?</p>

<p>I have no idea why it’s taking so long, but a 5 on the BC calculus exam is quite an achievement. I’d be surprised if he didn’t get admitted to engineering.</p>

<p>no clue why it’s taking so long either…your son’s stats seem to be better then a few other engineering people who got admitted on this board.</p>

<p>Yes, we thought his stats were good, too. I was surprised that some other kids got in (without submitting 7th semester grades) with what looked like lower stats. My son is an Eagle Scout, too.
We’ll keep hoping!
Thanks for your comments!</p>