Am I On Track?

Hi guys! I’m a sophomore in high school and have been anxious since my college admissions will likely start before I know it. I just want to make sure I’m on the right track.

CLASSES THIS YEAR:
• Pre-IB English 2
• AP European History
• Volleyball (Elective)
• Pre-IB Chemistry
• Pre-IB Math Studies (I know, lame, but I don’t want to do any math during my career, and I’m going to take AP Statistics senior year to weight out the rigor)
• AP Psychology
• Pre-IB Spanish 2

I have gotten all A’s in these classes so far for the three out of four quarters, and most likely will continue on the streak for the fourth quarter.

My classes next year are rigorous too since I am taking the maximum amount of HLs I can.

Some Notable Extracurriculars:
• Freshman Year JV Volleyball, Sophomore Year Varsity Beach Volleyball
• Published in a national magazine (TeenInk) Twice and hopefully more to come
• The founder and president of True Crime Club, created just this year
• Foreign Language Student of the Semester (Freshman and Sophomore year)
• Some sporadic volunteering (I’ll probably do more of that when I do CAS)
• Writer. My book has gotten 2,000 reads on a small website and I’m hoping to improve upon my writing.
• There’s some other small notable ones, but I’ll save you from it.

I’m not trying to go to Harvard, Stanford, etc, but just a nice school with a decent admission rate (40-30% or below). I have been worrying about this for a long time, so I just want to make sure I’m on track.

I’m assuming you are doing the DP, so of course you’re on the right track! Your courses are rigorous and show your interests. I have a few questions though: in my school, you have to be in the 3rd level of Spanish before taking IB, is it different at your school? Also, will you be able to take volleyball with IB? Cuz at my school if you partake in IBDP, you can’t take any non-IB electives.

Thank you for replying! In middle school I took Spanish 1 but did not have a good teacher so I retook it freshman year. We also skip Spanish 3 at our school (I have no clue why) and combine that into Spanish 2 and 4. I probably won’t take volleyball as an elective next year and try to do something somewhat academic even though it may kill me in the end because it’s slightly bringing down my GPA but oh well. I appreciate it though!! College is something I stress constantly about