IBDP + Athletics??

Hey guys,

I am going to start the IBDP next year, and hope to major in international relations and economics. I am a long distance runner and have been part of my high school’s cross country program for the past couple of years. We practice at 6:15 every weekday morning. I was wondering if you guys think that doing cc along with IB next year would be possible, and if you have any tips/suggestions on how to make it work.

My schedule next year is as follows:
-HL Visual Arts
-HL Spanish
-HL History of Americas
-HL English
-SL Environmental Systems and Societies
-SL Math

I’m an IB Candidate this year (junior.) For me, so far is hasn’t been extremely difficult, even given 2-3 hours of Robotics on weekdays. Getting plenty of sleep is a challenge, but that a personal issue.
Assuming that SL ES and S is like AP Environment Science, I would expect it to be pretty easy.
How good is your español?

In any case, given our similar schedules and time commitments, you shouldn’t have too much trouble, depending on how you’re doing in current (10th grade? Pre-IB?) classes. Also, IB programs do vary between high schools from my VERY limited experience.

Hope that I helped somewhat, and didn’t make things more confusing. :stuck_out_tongue: Your safest bet is talk to current Candidates in your school and see what they think. Surely some of them (perhaps a few) take a sport at the same time?

At our school there are many IB kids on the cc team.

I played 2 sports as a junior, and will be playing two again this year. Athletics don’t hurt your academics as long as you manage your time wisely in the evenings. Your practice times will be to your advantage as long as you don’t stay up too late.