Another post office question (Sorry)

<p>My son signed up for a po box at Bama Bound. Then renewed around Thanksgiving (if I remember correctly). </p>

<p>Everyone else that renewed around the same time, can you tell me how long that renewal was for? Was it for the rest of the year, or the rest of the semester? </p>

<p>Or is there an easy way for me to find out online if he still has his PO box? </p>

<p>Thanks!</p>

<p>NVM…I was able to set up an account on USPS and see that the PO box is paid through May 31. </p>

<p>Thanks…</p>

<p>DS also has a PO Box. I called the Post Office in Tuscaloosa and was told that DS can return the keys for his $1 key deposit and fill a mail forwarding card before the expiration date, or he can choose to do nothing and loose his $1 deposit.</p>

<p>What is the mail situation going to be for the incoming freshmen??? Packages and snail mail???</p>

<p>UA is opening its own package and mail delivery service in the space currently occupied by USPS. The current USPS employees are not communicating this very well to students renewing their PO Box leases or when sending notifications that the current post office setup is closing. Part of this is that USPS uses standardized forms which do not say that there will still be mailboxes in the same space, but ones box number will change and a different entity will handle mail delivery as is the case with UA.</p>

<p>For any of those students who still have to fill out the form asking if they want their PO box moved downtown check NO. They will be eligible for a prorated refund once they close their box. Note that one gets more money back if they close their box in April rather than May as USPS standardizes all lease dates to the end of the month.</p>

<p>So he should go the last week of April to close the PO box? Thanks for that info!</p>

<p>Bumping this up. Could someone provide me a number of the post office in the Ferg so I could call them before we head up?</p>

<p>The direct phone number for the Ferguson Center Post Office is 205-758-1852.</p>

<p>Thanks, seatide. Friend left campus without turning in key so needs to call.</p>

<p>Off topic, have a wonderful last week,seatide. You will be in our prayers for a wonderful future!</p>