Any benefit to sending in new score?

<p>If I were in the position of the OP, I’d be asking the same question. I bet most people who don’t send in a higher subsequent score just don’t think it matters since either A) the scholarship deadline has passed or B) there is no change in the resulting scholarship or C) both. It wouldn’t have occurred to me that UA would benefit. (I understand that now, but I don’t think I would have thought of that when I was the parent of an incoming freshman. There’s so much else on your mind then.)</p>

<p>I also recognize that there are ways for UA to get that info from students if they really want it. Offering low cost incentives is a reasonable idea which could help incoming students understand that the score is a valuable tool for the university. </p>

<p>Bottom line… I think it’s a lack of information and not ill intent at work here.</p>

<p>A few years back I recall reading about some schools paying admitted kids to take SAT/ACT tests again in an effort to boost scores and therefore university rankings. It was a bit of a scandal.</p>

<p>I agree, Atlanta68, building and maintaining adequate, safe parking is a huge expense. Employees are charged for parking permits as well. For that matter, our high school students are charged for parking for the same reason. If a separate parking fee wasn’t charged the cost would simply be passed along elsewhere. The scholarships are generous enough. I don’t believe a student should choose consider a school because of the generous scholarships, but should not choose to attend unless it is the right fit. I’d send the best score regardless of the minimal charge.</p>

<p>I wonder how often a student gets a higher score later on? </p>

<p>So if I’m reading your post right bamagirls, students shouldn’t choose to attend a school based on a generous scholarships?<br>
Why not?<br>
I think these caliber students often score higher the more times they take the ACT/SAT. Probably to up the averages they need to encourage more test taking with scholarship kids and not accept so many low scorers. From some of the scores I see, big groups of kids probably belong at Community College if Bama wants to become a more elite school. But it’s not like I’m telling them anything they don’t already know. </p>

<p>I can see where my thought was unclear. I guess I should have read it first. Sorry it was unclear. I’m saying students shouldn’t choose to attend a school based solely on the generous scholarships. Don’t get me wrong, we appreciate our children’s scholarships, but we already love the UA. They each had generous scholarship offers at other schools, but they did not like the feel of the schools. I’m saying consider a school based on scholarships, but don’t let that be the only deciding factor. Bama wants high stats students who want to be there.</p>

<p>It seems like it would benefit the student to send in the higher score if they are applying for additional scholarships, CBHP or another special program.</p>