Any Elon Nursing Students Here?

S24 and I visited Elon and he ultimately felt it was too small for him so he did not apply. But we both thought his sister would probably really like it. D26 is very interested in nursing school, specifically BSN programs. I know Elon was just starting a BSN program when we visited because they mentioned it on the tour and I am curious if anyone has a student who is either in the program or has applied. Would love to hear more. We will likely get her down there to visit next year for her junior year.

Hello: My son is a freshman nursing student at Elon this year. He is also a Nursing Fellow at the school. He is having an excellent experience so far. He is the third BSN class. They are about to graduate their second accelerated class. Since it is still relatively small he is getting ALOT of support from all of the teachers. They are very dedicated to the success of the program. Happy to answer any questions

1 Like

Thanks so much. She definitely wants to visit and my husband is taking her for a visit in April. Hopefully she can tour the nursing school facilities. How big is his freshman class? Can you tell me a bit about the curriculum as well as clinicals? I know as a freshman he won’t have started clinicals yet, but I am curious where they do them (I am a nurse and did my BSN at Boston College so getting to clinicals was easy). I worry a little about the location of Elon in terms of ease of clinical access. But when my son and I visited two years ago, I loved the school and was excited when I found out they had nursing.

The freshman nursing class is about 56 students this year. They start clinicals one day a week Sophomore year locally (Cone Health/Abermarle) Some in Junior/Senior year have the opportunity to have clinicals at Duke. They are 45 mins away but some dont mind the drive for the experience of working with the doctors at Duke medical. They have 100% pass rate on the NCLEX and are very interested in keeping it that way so they work extensively with the students to pass. They are currently adding on to the nursing facility as it supports the PA program as well. My son took cell biology first semester and is taking Anatomy and Mirco biology in the spring. He is also minoring in Chemistry in case he decides to try to go to med school. The campus is beautiful…our family jokes the sky seems bluer at Elon

1 Like

Hi…did your son apply ED?

No he applied EA and then applied to the Fellows program as well

1 Like

This article might be of interest.

3 Likes

D24 just accepted into the Nursing program. Does your son have any thoughts about what dorm (or LLC) is best since much of their time is spent in Francis Center? Thx

My son is in the East neighborhood and loves it. The other good ones are Global or Colonades. Stay away from historic . Freshman year, he has had no classes in Francis but East is the closest. He will be in Francis Sophomore year … Congrats to your daughter!! Last night was the junior class white coat ceremony and my son said it was great!

1 Like