Any UC chance?

So basically I’m aiming for any UC (my goal)… preferably Berkeley, Davis, sd, etc

Is it true that they dont consider freshman year of hs? I had a 3.41 gpa overall frosh year. 2.83 1st semester 4.0 2nd… i had a rough transition.

In soph and junior i had a 4.0 unweighted so does it matter if i did poorly frosh? Concerned that my subpar 1st semester wiill ruin my chances… I know you have to have good ecs but gpa is the most important factor and i was just wondering if they consider freshman year during the selection process

In the UC GPA calculation, only 10-11th grades for the a-g course requirements are used. Freshman grades are reviewed to make sure that you passed your a-g courses, but not used in their GPA calculation. Senior grades are also not used in the GPA calculation since they are not available at the time of application, but doing well Senior year will maintain your provisional admission.

Here is the UC GPA calculator which will give you your UW UC GPA, Capped weighted UC GPA (used by all UC’s) and Fully Weighted UC GPA (used by UCLA/UCB).

https://rogerhub.com/gpa-calculator-uc/