Confussion over UC GPA

Hey everyone. So I have a a question
Everyone on these forums when accepted normally give a UC GPA, UW Gpa and W Gpa (normally)
My question, is what do the UC’s prioritize. Do they only consider the UC gpa or will they consider the UW Gpa and W Gpa as well. Because I see a flaw here basically, that I am somewhat in as well.

Scenario: I currently have a 3.6 UW 3.6790 W GPA, and according to many sources the UC’s do not consider freshman grades. So, could i essentially get perfect grades sophomore and Junior/Senior year and they only look at those. Because when you would look at my school record, you would see only the W and UW gpa, however since this is a UC they calculate their own gpa. So if they only look at sophomore and Junior grades, I can essentially have a perfect UC gpa and they will not even look at my freshmen grades or consider them since they only look at UC gpa? I would like to know also if only certain UC’s do this or do the higher up’s like Cal and UCLA do this too.

Thanks!

This is a very confusing question so if you guys want me to explain further I can…

The party line is that they look at your UC GPA but also the rigor of your course schedule throughout your entire high school career. So, yes you could get all As in 10th and 11th grade but make sure you are challenging yourself and not just taking easy classes.

bump

UC’s calculate the UC GPA with 10-11th grades in the a-g course requirements. Freshman grades are considered in the application review to determine if the a-g course requirements are met, but are not calculated into the UC GPA. Senior grades are only used to make sure all a-g courses are passed and to maintain your provisional admission.

The UC GPA is capped at 8 semesters of UC approved Honors/AP/IB or DE courses. UCLA and UCB will also use the uncapped UC GPA where unlimited honors points are given for these courses. HS rigor is considered very important in the UC application review.

https://rogerhub.com/gpa-calculator-uc/