Anybody Apply to Honors College Yet?

If so, have you heard back? My son did his application the same day he did the scholarship applications, I think about 10 days ago. He got an e-mail in his Crimson account saying he’d hear back within two weeks, but hasn’t heard back yet. I assume it’s early.

Is the Honors College automatic? His stats on the Bama site show 4.2W GPA, 34 ACT. He’s right around the top 10 percent in a class of over 500. I thought it used to be automatic, but I’m not sure if it is now.

During the college tour, I was told that you have to apply to the Honors College separately AFTER being admitted/receiving an acceptance since it is technically an optional program for students who meet the eligibility requirements to take part in. Here is some more information: https://honors.ua.edu/admission/

Yes. He was already accepted to UA, and the honors application was open to him in mybama. He did the honors application and the scholarship application the week after he was admitted.

It is an automatic admit based on scores, he will hear something soon but it is a given.

In the past, the HC apps were often reviewed after school has started…but probably not the first week or so.