Anyone watching OSU/ISU?

<p>I am in T-town for our game and was yelling so loud I thought I might get thrown out of the hotel…then once we won I could hear others too…no one was sleeping and everyone was yelling, “Roll Tide!”</p>

<p>Wow, this is exciting. Roll Tide!</p>

<p>Since I’m sure H & S will ask, what are the chances of getting tickets? They are driving down to Bama that weekend and they only have to take a right to get to NOLA.</p>

<p>OK State was favored by almost FOUR touchdowns!?</p>

<p>Oh, goodness, my husband is just so excited over this. He works with diehard LSU fans and has been harassed mercilessly since the BAMA-LSU game. He is itching for a rematch!</p>

<p>DH is a USC alum, so it’ll be real easy for us to root for the Trojans to demolish Oregon. My younger daughters will be rooting against the Ducks based solely on their uniforms - I still remember the “ugly uniform” comments from the Oregon/LSU game. There’s some exciting football coming up.</p>

<p>I think it’s safe to say you can book at a hotel in New Orleans. Bama will either be at the NCG or at the Sugar Bowl, both in NO.</p>

<p>NJ, I just may have to take you up on that! D called last night and all she wants for Christmas is a trip to the BCS :slight_smile: Roll Tide!!!</p>

<p>malanai- the argument for Oregon is that 1) they were hanging tough with LSU and moving the ball well before those back to back fumbles by DeAnthony Thomas who was playing in his first ever college game at that point. A lot of people think Oregon (and Thomas) is much better now and could stand up to LSU, especially since LSU won’t have an entire offseason to prepare for them.</p>

<p>There’s no question Oregon is the only team that has proved itself capable of beating an SEC team in a national championship game. They were a miraculous Michael Dyer run away from forcing overtime vs. Auburn last year.</p>

<p>I believe we should, and will, get a rematch, but if there’s a clear cut 3rd best team in the country, it is Oregon. So that’s where the debate will be.</p>

<p>How can we watch the game today? is it only on ppv?</p>

<p>and there’s no sense in taking the Wash St. game and comparing them to Bama. Oregon strikes so quickly against weaker teams that their opposition gets a lot more possessions on average. Against Auburn last year and against LSU earlier this year, they were reduced to a more methodical offense. Let’s just say the offenses in the SEC aren’t exactly the greatest… it’s why LSU’s defensive stats on the season are skewed by their two games against two great offenses from Oregon and WVU.</p>

<p>Idinct- i think it’s on espn3.</p>

<p>Game is available on ESPN3 (online). But if your computer has an hdmi out you can hook it up to your tv and watch the game on your tv via the computer. </p>

<p>Xbox360 live members have access to ESPN3 as well.</p>

<p>

</p>

<p>Unless you are in Alabama or Georgia where it is blacked out and can only be viewed on PPV :(</p>

<p>

</p>

<p>Hey Tommy, always fun to have a little football debate, especially knowing we’re really on the same side (Bama’s). I dispute your claim above with respect to the Oregon-WSU game. In the first half alone (which ended with Oregon ahead 15-10, having scored 1 of their 2 TDs on a blocked punt) WSU had a 13-play drive that ended in an interception, another 13-play drive that ended in a field goal, a 10-play drive off an Oregon punt that ended in an interception, and a 14-play drive that ended in a missed field goal. </p>

<p>That’s 50 plays and a ton of first downs in only one half of football against what we now assume to be the 3rd best team in the land. It had nothing to do with Oregon striking quickly (against, by the way, the 8th best/4th worst defense in the Pac-12). It had everything to do with the 6th best offense in a weak 12-team league being able to consistently move the ball against the Ducks, then self-destructing by turning the ball over on 3 long drives. Heck, WSU had 30 first downs in the game.</p>

<p>Take away the points scored by either team’s defense and/or special teams (15 for Oregon, 7 for WSU) and we end up with a 28-21 Oregon win. And before you flame me :), I KNOW that special teams are important (don’t we all at Bama, lol?). </p>

<p>All that being said, we’re going to the BCS Championship. That’s my story and I’m sticking to it! :slight_smile:
Roll Tide.</p>

<p>Roll Tide!</p>

<p>Well, that might’ve been the case. But it’s easy to fall asleep a bit when playing the weaker teams on your schedule. It’s what happened to OSU last night.</p>

<p>Obviously, I believe Bama is one of the two best teams in the country, but Oregon is right behind them. Look at what they did to Andrew Luck and Stanford. Granted, Stanford was missing Luck’s 2 favorite targets, but Oregon did a great job pass rushing and disrupting the offense. The last time they played a great offense was the Auburn game, and they mostly held them in check. Put aside the games they sleepwalk through (like the Wasu game) , Oregon shows up for the big games and generally plays very well. They won’t get to play in the NC game, but I don’t see them losing their BCS bowl game regardless of who they play.</p>

<p>USC 38, Oregon 35. I rest my case. Cooked Duck. Yummy. Happy Thanksgiving everyone. Roll Tide Roll!</p>

<p>Ridiculously close…Go Baylor.</p>