AP/CLEP credit limit change

<p>I called the registrar office and they confirmed that the 45 credit limit has been removed. AP/CLEP/IB testing now falls under the same rules as transfer credits and is limited to 50% of required coursework, basically 60 credit hours. </p>

<p>"Credit hours earned by examination and/ or out-of-class experiences are not considered University of Alabama institutional coursework, and therefore, may not be applied towards fulfillment of:</p>

<ul>
<li>The minimum of 50% of the coursework required to earn a bachelor’s degree at The University of Alabama must be earned at a bachelor’s degree granting institution (four-year college or university), and</li>
<li>The minimum of 25% of the coursework required for the degree must be earned at The University of Alabama."</li>
</ul>

<p>[Credit</a> by Examination < The University of Alabama](<a href=“http://courseleaf.ua.edu/introduction/academicpolicies/creditbyexamination/]Credit”>http://courseleaf.ua.edu/introduction/academicpolicies/creditbyexamination/)</p>

<p>And thanks to Beth’s Mom for pointing out the change to me.</p>

<p>Wow…that’s very good news!</p>

<p>So, 60 credits is now the total limit (unless you’re in a major that requires more…like eng’g?)</p>

<p>BUT, if you have more credits than that, the extra credits may be applied to a second major- that is my understanding, am I wrong?</p>

<p>M2CK- I think the 50% is nice for that reason, if you need 140 credits, then it is 70 credits.</p>

<p>So, if you have a second major and therefore you need 160 credits (or whatever), then you can have more? What about if you have minors?</p>

<p>^^ That I do not know…And honestly, not 100% confident in the previous info I received about double majors. But that is what I was told by admission office about a year ago.</p>

<p>Question… does this only apply to people coming in under the new catalog? Or does it apply to those of us already at Bama?</p>

<p>That’s a good question, Mesquite. I’d be curious to know that as well.</p>