AP Credits

<p>You guys seem very knowledgeable! D is attending Bama in the Fall - Honors Business. I have few questions regarding her schedule. Bama Bound in May 24.</p>

<p>Is this how her history AP credit will work?</p>

<p>AP World = 6 hours of history for history and/or behavorial science
APUSH = hours of history for literature or history sequence.</p>

<p>Can Spanish count for Humanities instead of Foreign Language? She has to take 6 hours of required Computer Science anyway for the FL or CS requirement. </p>

<p>If she takes the Spanish placement test at Bama Bound and only gets credit for 1 semester spanish, can she take the Spanish CLEP over the summer to try to get 2 semesters of Spanish?</p>

<p>Can she choose if Alabama will take her AP English test score or Dual Credit class for En 101 and 102? She would rather transfer the 6 hours from Dual Credit and get credit for the A than the AP Exam score.</p>

<p>Thank you!</p>

<p>AP World and APUSH will both be HI/SB credits and either would satisfy the history/literature sequence.</p>

<p>Spanish will count as humanities if she doesn’t need it for FL (which she wouldn’t if she needs ST260 and one of the business 389 classes). It just can’t count for both.</p>

<p>Yes, she can take the Spanish CLEP and use that instead of the placement exam if it gets her more credit. Also, with CLEP she won’t have to take a Spanish class to get the credit, as she would if she wanted placement credit.</p>

<p>She can transfer the Dual Enrollment English credit and choose not to use the AP English credit.</p>

<p>Oops - never mind, thought it was Beth’s mom who was asking and not answering.</p>

<p>Thank you! </p>

<p>To clarify two points. She can take the placement Spanish exam at Bama Bound then take CLEP if she wants.</p>

<p>The 12 hours of history AP credit can go for 6 hours of history under the History and Social and Behavorial Science and 6 hours for the Lit or History sequence. So all of her history AP credit can be used for the core curriculum? </p>

<p>I have enjoyed reading everyone’s input and advice on CC. From sorority information, to honor class recommendation to hotels and shuttles advice. I tell all my friends that need to find their own school’s CC! I know I will have tons of questions now that I actually registered!</p>

<p>Just to clarify, she must transfer any dual enrollment classes and take the standing grade she received in the class. You cannot chose to “Not Transfer” dual enrollment courses.</p>

<p>

</p>

<p>Yes, she can take the Spanish exam at Bama Bound and then take CLEP. She needs to take CLEP before she takes a Spanish course at Bama, though. And she doesn’t have to take the placement test at Bama Bound; she just needs to take it before she takes a Spanish course.</p>

<p>The HI/SB requirement is 12 credits. The 12 hours of history AP will satisfy that, and will also satisfy the Lit or History sequence.</p>

<p>AP World and APUSH will both be HI/SB credits and either would satisfy the history/literature sequence.</p>

<p>Just to further clarify, in case someone misunderstood…AP World and APUS will be HI credits… I don’t want someone to misunderstand and think they could be either HI or SB. They are only HI credits.</p>

<p>AP Human Geography will be SB credits though, right?</p>