Application question

My DD applied on July 1 for incoming freshmen next fall. She said the application was basic and the next part wasn’t to be completed until she’s hopefully excepted. When I called the recruiting office they said it would be helpful to add all involvement including clubs, sports, peer leadership, etc… They also said a short essay ( even though it’s not required ) would definitely help along with applying July 1. Unfortunately they didn’t ask for it on the application… I assumed this information would help on her admission decision. She’s in honors classes, involved in numerous sports and clubs, has a 3.8 GPA but only has a 1050 on SAT. I’m confused since it seems the application and the recruiter’s info were different. Does anyone have advice they could send my way? It would be greatly appreciated!! Thank You!!

Perhaps they meant for the scholarship and honors college applications? I believe those open and are available on the student’s myBama account once they are accepted. The official acceptances come in quickly once they receive the official test scores and high school transcripts.

OK! Thank you so much! I had her register for SAT again just in case… but she already applied. They suggested to do so on July 1 but I assume if her score is too low she can submit the August score from what they said. Just praying at this point…

You can submit improved scores all the way through the December 15 scholarship deadline. Best of luck to your daughter!

I would maybe call your regional recruiter and just ask if they could give you more information. They have a inter-chat service for staff, and I’m sure they’d be more than happy to help you!

My DD applied and thought she missed something since the application was so short. She emailed her recruiter yesterday and they said she did not miss anything. There are no essays and no place for activities. You can submit those after you are accepted for merit money consideration.

Our daughter just started the application process and we paid, but we didn’t even see any fields for GPA, SAT scores, etc. Is this normal?

It logged her out after payment (she got an email confirming payment), but she’s now unable to log-in (asking for “myBama ID” and password which seems to be different than the email & password she entered to start the application.

She looked around the site for other ways to log-in/re-set but only found a field for “CWID”. Does anyone know how to locate that ID #? (ie - does it come in an email? Call the office?)

They will email the CWID to the email address that you gave them along with directions on how to log in.

Perfect - thank you!

GPA and test scores are not on the application. They are associated to the application by the university once high school transcript and test scores are received (transcript received from high school, test scores received from College Board).

So if the high school has already sent the transcript UA Admissions somehow knows to match the student application with the transcript and the test scores sent to them by the College Board?

Sorry for so many questions, but the application was much more straight forward than the ones our older daughter completed during her process and wanted to make sure we didn’t miss something. Thanks for everyone’s input (!)

Yes. It is a very simple application. Your son or daughter can sign on again and look at the application status. It will show you when the transcript comes in and is matched as well as when the test scores come in and are matched. Once that happens, the application is marked complete and ready for review. Once accepted, you can apply for scholarships using the scholarship application if that is applicable. That is a little more detailed, but compared to other schools, still very simple comparatively.

Thanks again to everyone for the feedback - most appreciated!

She got an email with her CWID # today and was able to log in. Status said “received 7/22” so she will check in the coming days for an updated status.

Best of luck to everyone on their process (!)

When sending in our transcript, are we allowed to mail it ourselves to the admissions office, or does it have to be sent through our high school counselor?

I believe you can place the official transcript in the mail but it needs to be in a sealed HS envelope. In other words it has to have their printed information on it.