application under review

<p>when your application is under review (mine specifically for EA), will i find out if i get in rolling? or on the same day as everyone else? mine just went under review today and im VERY anxious</p>

<p>My son’s has been “under review” for about 1 mo. so I wouldn’t start holding your breath yet!</p>

<p>UM is not rolling admissions. Hang in there, it’s just a few more weeks. Good luck to all applicants. My S just loved his 4 years at UMiami.</p>

<p>my application still isnt “under review”</p>

<p>my-3-sons… would love more details on your son loving UMiami. Greek life? Dorm life? Spirit? What did he like about it?</p>

<p>Rice 1961, I go to UM now. Greek life is not huge on campus. I hope your sons get into Hecht Residential College. I lived in Stanford last year and the elevator broke frequently. The food is not very good in my opinion, but it is required. There is no way to avoid the meal plan.</p>

<p>my app doesn’t say that it is under review. I submitted back in the middle of Oct. Should I be worried?</p>

<p>definitely not! mine just went last week on thursday and i sent mine in at the end of september!</p>

<p>only 2-3 weeks left! Mines been under review for a long time now not sure if thats good or bad thing</p>

<p>Rice- My S really had a very successful 4 years at UM, graduating in 2009. He became very involved in campus life and assumed leadership positions in several activities, some rather surprising to us. He really took advantage of everything the school and area had to offer from attending lectures and concerts to volunteering at the Daytona 500 and Super Bowl, running the Miami marathon and taking a spring break road trip to several spring training ballgames around FL. He had no intention of joining a fraternity during his college search, but attended a UM recruitment event to keep his roommate company. He wound up joining and served as president his junior year, and on a national committee his senior year. He was involved in research at the medical school and did a summer study abroad program in Spain, studying Art History. He was employed within 2 weeks of graduation and is now in the grad school program of his choice. </p>

<p>Is UM for everyone, no (no one school is), but an adaptable, confident kid looking for warm weather, high quality academics and abundant extracurricular opportunities may just find their place at UM. Good luck.</p>

<p>My son’s status just changed today to under review. He submitted his application the middle of October.</p>

<p>“my-3-sons”-- just wondering, what was it like for him studying art history at Miami? Its a major and school I am highly considering. Also, if you dont mind me asking where was he employed when he graduated, was it in the art history field?</p>

<p>twist-My S only studied AH during his study abroad; the program fulfilled his fine arts requirement. His major was Microbiology and Immunology.</p>

<p>where can you find if your application is “under review”?</p>

<p>Login to “MyUM”, then click under admissions and click “application documents received” and then message might read "Your application has been sent to the admission committee for review. We appreciate your patience during this time and will mail your admission notification according to the application option you chose. For information about admission notification dates, go to [Freshmen</a> Application Options & Deadlines | Enrollment Management | University of Miami](<a href=“http://www.miami.edu/deadlines]Freshmen”>Options and Deadlines | Undergraduate Admission | University of Miami). " - if it doesn’t read that, it should give you a list of what documents have been received.</p>

<p>My 3 sons - thanks a ton for the information! I am from South Florida and remember when UM played at the Orange Bowl. GREAT time! The entire city got behind their football program! Lots of spirit, lots of prestige… I just don’t know the school anymore; don’t live in the state. I have heard that it empties out on the weekends. Is that true?</p>