EA Admission Decisions: Its time

<p>I think its time for admission decisions to be released. The first decisions last year were released on the 23. Meaning less than two days! Who's ready to be a Cane'? Feel free to post information, decisions, insights /whatever. Good luck everyone!</p>

<p>I'm pretty excited. I hope everything works out well.</p>

<p>I hope that they can't see how often we log in to our MyUM account...</p>

<p>It would absolutely scare them...</p>

<p>If you log on to MyUM would the acceptance banner just appear or would you have to click on application status or something else? I'm assuming that it would appear right away, but who knows.</p>

<p>From what I have heard, on the left side under one of the message headings it tells you that you have a new message. When you click on it, the banner pops up (the one and only time it pops up).</p>

<p>Awesome. How come there are so few people on the Miami forum? Only one day till we might get decisions! Anyone know how many people applied EA it doesn't seem like very many. Also will there be a specific time that they start posting decisions, or just whenever they feel like it? Thanks</p>

<p>The decisions are all completely random, sorry.</p>

<p>I applied Regular Decision but I wish everyone good luck!</p>

<p>Good luck to you too! Why did you apply regular decision? Just didn't get your application in on time? It's a long wait.</p>

<p>I just checked the mail today and found a large envelope from the University of Miami admissions office. I thought it was a decision but it was only a Prospectus packet telling me about Miami and the application options. One page says apply online or early decision. Why am I getting this now? Don't they know that I already applied? Did thiss get lost in the mail? I applied over two months ago, what is this?</p>

<p>By the way the letter is dated October 2008. What the...</p>

<p>I got a ton of stuff about the Jan. 15 deadline and applying and stuff.</p>

<p>If you check myUM it should say they have your stuff.</p>

<p>Nope this wass just about early decision and early action. The letter was dated from october. It didn't even mention the Jan 15 deadline.</p>

<p>still tho, u make sure that your stuff got to them on myUM</p>

<p>Yep I did. Maybe it got lost in the mail. Although I've never actually heard of that happening to someone.</p>

<p>^My son got a prospectus recently and he applied EA. He's had everything in for a long time. I thought it was just a case of one department not knowing what the other was doing.</p>

<p>i got the same thing! it came in a big envelope and with an application and a big pamplet thing. i dont knwo why they did that but ive called them a while ago to make sure they had everything and they did so i wouldnt worry about it meaning anything</p>

<p>This happened to me, too! I got this big letter and I started freaking out. I was refusing to open it because I thought it was the admission decision. Then I opened it, my heart stopped and finally I realized it was just advertising stuff. lol</p>

<p>They send way to much mail...</p>

<p>Well at least it wasn't just me! Hopefully the next packet to come will be the admission decision. Should be less than a week!</p>