Applying as nuclear engineer or undecided in engineering or undecided overall

<p>Does it make it a difference?
If I do go to nuclear engineering, is it binding? </p>

<p>It’s easier to get into Purdue if you apply as undecided. However, that does not guarantee that you’ll be allowed in the engineering program.</p>

<p>No, it’s not binding. All freshmen engineers have to pass the FYE program first. You’ll choose your specialty at the end of freshman year/ beginning sophomore year, and there’s no guarantee you’ll be accepted into the engineering major of your choice if you do badly. If you get over a 3.2 in your FYE classes, you’re pretty much allowed to choose whatever you want though. </p>

<p>Second what Seirsly said. I would apply to your intended major because there is no guarantee of getting in if not admitted directly. Purdue also has an excellent radiological health sciences (health physics) program is you are interested in protecting people from the effects of radiation. My friend is in the program and they’ve had 100% job placement with about $60,000 average starting salary for the past few years. My friend took 4 courses in nuclear engineering, 3 were required for radiological health. </p>