applying bio decrease my chances

<p>I know at schools in California it does. But I am applying to Virginia tech I only have a 3.7 W gpa so not that competitive. Will applying bio make it more difficult to get in?</p>

<p>Biological Sciences is one of the most common majors, other than Engineering. I am a Bio major and there are 472+ of us out of a class of a little over 5,000. However, the average weighted GPA was a 4.0 for people attending as bio majors. Hope this somewhat helps. If you have any more questions about the biology major, I’d be happy to answer</p>

<p>I am applying early decision as a communication major and many people say I will get in for that reason… Is that true??</p>

<p>I don’t think that your acceptance is dependent off of what major you are applying into. A lot of people apply into communications, and some don’t get in, so it is all based on your application.</p>

<p>If I apply undeclared with pre me will tht be harder too?</p>

<p>There’s no such thing as a premed major at vt, just a premed advising program. This is a very good thing for you because if you change your mind/can’t get into med school your premed degree would be worthless while a biology/chem/whatever degree wouldn’t be. </p>

<p>As to relative ease of admissions, the hardest to get into is CAUS (architecture, etc), then Engineering, and everything else to my knowledge is more or less equal. Is communications a tiny bit easier than biology to get in to? Maybe, but probably not enough that it’ll matter.</p>

<p>So I only have a 3.7 W gpa and I am out of state, Should I apply biology or undeclared and transfer to biology. Please any advice would be helpful</p>

<p>I would apply biology. I haven’t seem anything that indicates that undeclared is easier to get in to than bio. </p>

<p>Your GPA is right at the bottom end of the middle 50% for VT, so as long as you have a decent SAT/ACT you’ll be competitive.</p>