Confused about applying pre-med

<p>I am a California out of state application to Virginia Tech. I was wondering if applying Undeclared but with a pre-med focus will make it harder for me to get in. (My gpa isnt that high so I don't want to go any route that will make it more difficult) Not only that, but if I do not go the PRE-MED route, Will I still be able to switch to Pre-med later in my career at VTECH?</p>

<p>There is no “Pre Medical” major at Virginia Tech. There is merely an “interest” or a “focus” on it. You will have to apply for a major in one of the core sciences, chemistry, biology, biochemistry, if you want to pursue a future in medicine. You need to take courses that you are also interested in as a back up plan, because let’s face it, not everyone gets into medical school. A fraction of everyone who wants to go pre med actually make it. Anyway, that was a tangent.</p>

<p>tl;dr
Apply as a science major and study your ass off if you really want to go pre med.</p>

<p>In that case, I am not sure what science I want to major in. Is it easy to switch majors at virginia tech? Especially into biology?</p>

<p>Bump lalalalalal yep</p>

<p>As far as I know biology isn’t harder to get in to than most other majors.</p>

<p>Oh are you sure? Because my gpa is only a 3.7 W</p>