<p>Prohibited in the Stadium

• A purse bigger than an 8-1/2 x 11 sheet of paper
  • Umbrellas (really?)
  • Outside food or drink
  • Coolers
  • Artificial noisemakers
  • Flags or banners on poles
  • Other prohibited items listed on UA’s Game Day website</p>

<p>So long as your not wearing an umbrella, outside food or drink, a cooler, artificial noisemakers, a flag, banner or pole, or any of the other items listed on the website, you should be “approriate” ;)</p>

<p>JK, I’m also waiting to hear others’ recommendations for mom attire!</p>

<p>mom jeans with ugly tennis shoes and a tshirt or sweatshirt with kitties on it</p>

<p>don’t forget your sunbonnet sue hat</p>

<p>if i was going, i would want to wear a hot dog costume!</p>

<p>Umbrellas become weapons, and block the view of the people sitting behind you.</p>

<p>DON"T wear a strapless dress with cowboy boots.
Seriously.
Don’t try to look like the 18- and 19-year-olds. I’m sure you know that.</p>

<p>Nice jeans or khakis (shorts are fine, too), sandals or comfortable walking shoes (you will be walking a lot), a nice comfortable top (preferably crimson or houndstooth or a neutral with appropriate spirit buttons). A comfortable dress is OK, too. Be prepared to sweat - excuse me, perspire or glow. Odds are that unless it’s a night game, you’ll be in the sun. Even up into November, it can be quite warm in the stadium in the sun’s glare. Always check the weather before you leave.</p>

<p>Prohibited items: Food/drink containers, bottles, cans, thermoses, ice bags, ice chests, any artificial noise making device, large cameras, flags, signs or display items, umbrellas, back packs, carry bags or purses (larger than 8.5 x 11), video cameras/cases, weapons of any kind or any items deemed hazardous by game management personnel will not be allowed in the stadium. Law enforcement officials have the right to inspect any item at any time for the purpose of spectator safety. Prohibited items must be returned to cars or disposed of before entering the stadium. There are no provisions to check items at any gate.</p>

<p>More stadium info: [Gameday</a> Procedures - ROLLTIDE.COM - University of Alabama Official Athletic Site](<a href=“http://www.rolltide.com/sports/m-footbl/spec-rel/080707aaa.html]Gameday”>http://www.rolltide.com/sports/m-footbl/spec-rel/080707aaa.html)</p>

<p>Even more here: <a href=“http://grfx.cstv.com/photos/schools/alab/sports/m-footbl/auto_pdf/2013-14/misc_non_event/20130808fan-guide.pdf[/url]”>http://grfx.cstv.com/photos/schools/alab/sports/m-footbl/auto_pdf/2013-14/misc_non_event/20130808fan-guide.pdf&lt;/a&gt;&lt;/p&gt;

<p>Decent looking shorts, pants, or capris…depending on weather.</p>

<p>Spirit T shirt or sweatshirt …depending on weather.</p>

<p>Comfortable attractive shoes.</p>

<p>Sunscreen if sunny.</p>

<p>Seems like the biggest mistake that I’ve made over and over is choosing cute shoes over comfortable shoes. At Homecoming 2 years ago, my heels blistered and sore, I stopped at a consignment shop near downtown and bought another pair of shoes and threw out the ones I had put on for the day. Comfort is THAT important! No matter where you are staying, there will be walking involved. The more you CAN walk, the more you will get to see.</p>

<p>^^
When attending my first Bama game, I had to go to the Supe store to buy flip flops because my own shoes caused blisters.</p>

<p>Agreed! LOTSof walking! We will probably walk from the parking spot to the quad to my son’s dorm to the stadium to the strip to my other son’s apartment… Well, you get the drift. I usually wear a bama shirt with black shorts and sneakers. I carry a black baggalini.</p>

<p>Last year we parked downtown in the parking garage for free and then took the $1 shuttle down to campus. Still plenty of walking involved so agree that comfy shoes are a must. Leave the heels to the sorority girls. :)</p>

<p>…MEANWHILE…while all the chatter has been dominated by the big Greek elephant in the, um, house…I finally got a chance to read some of the more light-hearted threads…and I’m seriously snorting out load at Post #3. ROLL TIDE, Mike! Hot-diggity-dawg.</p>

<p>Then there was the grandmother who sat in front of us at one game. Her red T shirt said “RMFT” except every word was spelled out. </p>

<p>IMHO, rude. I don’t even like the abbreviation.</p>