Are AP scores considered in Admission Decisions?

Are AP scores a factor in holistic review admission decisions? I see the one score we had sent in the “Test scores” area of AIS. My daughter has taken 4 tests (scores are 3s and 4s) and is an AP scholar with Honor.

@BlueBayouAZ I doubted - I think the AP scores are used for transfer credit…some schools require scores of at least a 3 or 4 in order to get credit in their equivalent course of that AP class. But for a holistic review, I think they look at how many she took as well as ECs, rank, test scores, essay & GPA (not sure what order of importance is - just know that rank is at the top of the order).

@BlueBayouAZ AP scores are not considered for admissions. Also, do have the AP scores sent to A&M but do not claim them before advising at NSC. For many majors, they are advised to only claim those necessary for classes that apply to a major. All too often what happens to students is they claim them all their freshman year, which could be an entire year’s worth of credits, and then if they want/need to change majors at the end of their second or third semester, they have too many hours, as a lot of majors have a cap on the amount of hours a student can come into a major with. Usually around 60 hrs.

@JaceyK For a student that comes from a non-ranking high school, TAMU uses the GPA in relation to the high school’s grading scale to assign a quartile ranking. Other than that, GPA is not even considered in the process.

For review applicants, The rank and test scores are viewed together, and they make up around 50% of the decision. The essays, personal achievement, etc. make up the other 50%.

When TAMU looks at the rank and test scores, they determine a projected GPA at TAMU. They use algorithms to combine a student’s rank and test scores and it produces 2.9, 3.0, 3.1, so on and so forth. Once they see what a student’s projected TAMU GPA is, They begin weighing all the other components.