Are you going to Outdoor Action or Alabama Action?

<p>Yep… the 13th or 14th is correct but it says “as designated by the UA Office of Housing and Residential Communities.” </p>

<p>Anyone know when housing let the kids know last year? Don’t want to buy a flight now for the 13th only to have housing later tell him the 14th. :)</p>

<p>Thanks!</p>

<p>Last year we were assigned a date over the summer to log on and sign up for a move in time. I believe the date was listed in a mailed letter from the housing people. You should receive details in your AA/OA packets, as well.
We drove down on a Saturday and stayed in a hotel, then moved in at 8a.m. Sunday -we wanted an early move in - made a Target run, grabbed lunch, and DH and I were on the road headed back by early afternoon. The OA participants had a cook out on the Riverside grounds that evening.</p>

<p>Here is last years’ info</p>

<p>[Move-In</a> 2010 - The University of Alabama](<a href=“http://movein.ua.edu/sign_up.php]Move-In”>http://movein.ua.edu/sign_up.php)</p>

<p>[Students</a> required to choose on-campus housing check-in time | The Crimson White](<a href=“HRC addresses housing issues – The Crimson White”>HRC addresses housing issues – The Crimson White)</p>

<p>That sounds like the way to do it timeflew. </p>

<p>After paying for 4 flights for Bama Bound we’re not sure a r/t drive to Alabama is in the budget in August though. I think mom would probably prefer we drive him there and DS would rather just fly down.</p>

<p>Thanks for the links!</p>

<p>While ccforlife has a good point about the heat/humidity and Outdoor Action, I want to point out that Alabama Action could have an outdoor component too. Last year my D made a point of telling me that she was glad she was doing AA vs OA because it was going to be very hot and humid. And the first 2 days she was outside doing landscaping :wink: </p>

<p>Good news was that she acclimated pretty quickly & the heat/humidity really didn’t bother her when school started.</p>

<p>Does that 1 credit for OA count toward the 18 hour UH credit requirement? As well, what is the grading criteria for the class, i.e on what basis do they grade you?</p>

<p>Credit from Alabama Action and Outdoor Action does count towards the required 18 hours of honors credit and the required 6 hours of UH credit for UHP. IIRC, OA has journal assignments and AA has a final paper. Provided you participate in the events and complete the assignments, you’ll get a good grade.</p>

<p>Last year we jumped on the move-in schedule as soon as it was posted, and got a Friday 4pm move-in for OA. Didn’t say they were available but there it was as an option so we pounced on it and didn’t ask. Were among the first in, when DH and DS returned Sat. a.m. there was quite a long line.</p>