Are you going to Outdoor Action or Alabama Action?

<p>Please post which one you are attending:</p>

<p>I will start. My D will be attending AA. She is excited to be going to college a little early. She will have the chance to meet approximately 170 new friends as well as to give back to the community that has embraced her.</p>

<p>Roll tide!</p>

<p>Our D will also be attending AA. Since my W is a teacher and her school starts around the Aug 22, AA actually really fits into our schedule nicely for being able to get her down to UA early!</p>

<p>Looking forward to the CBHP announcements coming out any day now! Roll Tide!</p>

<p>D will be attending AA as well!</p>

<p>D was very excited to learn that she will be a student leader at OA. It’s going to be great!</p>

<p>My son sent in his application for Outdoor Action today. I hope there is still room! He just committed to UA yesterday. I, too, am a teacher and would like the chance to help get him settled in before I start back. He is OOS and won’t know anybody, so it seems like a great opportunity to meet people.</p>

<p>My DS will also be at Outdoor Action. Since he’s out-of-state as well, that seemed like a good way to get ‘acclimated’.</p>

<p>Outdoor action!</p>

<p>son will attend AA.</p>

<p>DS has sent his application in for AA.</p>

<p>DS also found out today that he is a student leader for OA! He’s really excited. He loved the program last year! ROLL TIDE!</p>

<p>Congratulations to timeflew’s D and bamafana’s S on being named student leaders for OA. What are their duties?</p>

<p>The student leaders last year were great. Just really helped the students feel comfortable in the program. They worked just as hard as the new students (so my DS told me). My DS’s best friend (that he met in OA) is also a leader. Super kid and VERY intelligent! The group in the fall are in for a GREAT program working with some GREAT kids!</p>

<p>DS will attend AA. Sent in the app the day after it showed up on the honors web site. Haven’t heard anything back but the charge went though on the credit card last week. :)</p>

<p>Jami Gates talked about it a lot and he was sold on it before we were done our campus visit. Sounds like a great way to kick off the freshman year.</p>

<p>Going to Alabama Action, 'cuhhhhhhhh.</p>

<p>Anyone else?</p>

<p>If you’re not accostumed to the heat & humidity of the South, I’d think strongly about AA instead of OA.</p>

<p>Does anyone know when housing will give out the move in date for the AA and OA participants? I would love to get DS’s airfare taken care of before the prices jump up any more then they already have.</p>

<p>For OA you could post the question on the FB wall
It’s listed as outdoor action 2011
you could also contact Dr Fran Oneal for the dates. . .</p>

<p>Move-in for Alabama Action and Outdoor Action will likely be Saturday, August 13th, or Sunday, August 14th. There’s a small possibility that housing will let students move in on Friday, August 12th, but I haven’t heard any more details about that being an option.</p>

<p>I looked up the Alabama Action application and it said that the program begins Sunday August 14, 2011 and ends Friday Aug. 19, 2011. </p>

<p>Move in day would be Saturday the 13th or Sunday the 14th.</p>

<p>Also, you must read the book, “The Cathedral Within” by Bill Shore.</p>

<p><a href=“http://honors.cbhp.ua.edu/uploads/Alabama%20Action/Participant%20Application%202011_form.pdf[/url]”>http://honors.cbhp.ua.edu/uploads/Alabama%20Action/Participant%20Application%202011_form.pdf&lt;/a&gt;&lt;/p&gt;