Artistic acceptances MT/Acting class of 2026

my daughter will be at naz all day wednesday!!

1 Like

We also got one final NO for NYU, but can now move on to a decision based on my Dā€™s results. We cast a WIIIIIIIIDE net, unnecessarily so in hindsight but as those early failed prescreens started rolling in before Thanksgiving we panicked and just started applying everywhere. In addition to the 42 audition-based programs, we applied to 3 BA safeties (again unnecessary). For these purposes, Iā€™m counting SCAD as an audition-based school.

Final Stats:

Prescreens - 14 passed out of 27
Chicago walk ins - 4
Non-prescreen schools - 10
Live auditions - 16
Virtual auditions - 13
Total auditions - 29

Accepted (5):

Montclair State BFA MT (Live Chicago)
LIU Post BFA MT (Live Chicago walk-in)
Viterbo BFA MT (Virtual)
Illinois Wesleyan BFA MT (Virtual)
SCAD BFA PA (Live Chicago walk-in)

Waitlists (7):

Molloy CAP21 BFA MT
Marymount Manhattan BFA MT
Manhattan School of Music BM MT
Wright State BFA MT
U of MN/Guthrie BFA Acting
Coastal Carolina BFA MT
Nazareth BFA MT

Thank god itā€™s over.

14 Likes

Congrats on all the amazing choices

1 Like

Good luck!

1 Like

We are going next Saturday. He is leaning heavily Naz right nowā€¦ but ultimately having a hard time releasing any of the 4 still technically on his list. Ugh. This is so hard.

3 Likes

All results are in for my daughter! She auditioned for 13 schools. Results as follows:

Accepted (5)
Nebraska Wesleyan University BFA MT (Live audition)
New York Film Academy MT (Live Chicago walk-in)
Marymount Manhattan College BFA MT (Virtual)
Boston Conservatory BFA MT (Live in person on campus)
The Hartt School BFA MT (Live NYC walk-in)

Waitlist (1)
Emerson College BFA MT (virtual)

Noā€™s but passed pre screens (2)
Ithaca College BFA MT
Shenandoah Conservatory BFA MT

Noā€™s and no pre screen required:
Montclaire State University BFA MT
NYU Tish BFA MT

Noā€™s did not pass pre screen audition:
Point Park BFA MT
U Michigan BFA MT
Cincinatti Conservatory BFA MT

PHEW! Now to see who will give her the most financial support! And that one will be the winner!! Getting closer!

9 Likes

i think mine is leaning towards naz also!

4 Likes

Echoing how thankful we are that we made it through!! Canā€™t wait to see where everyone lands in the next few weeks now that itā€™s down to decision making time. :partying_face:

5 Likes

S got a no for NYU today.

Our results ended up 7 of 15.

Accepted (7)
Roosevelt CCPA MT (Chicago live)
Five Towns College MT (Chicago live)
Molloy/CAP21 MT (Chicago live)
MMC MT (Virtual)
LIU Post MT (Chicago walk-in)
Arcadia Acting (Chicago walk-in)
Drake MT (Chicago walk-in)

Waitlists (0 from 1)
Waitlisted at MMC but was moved to accepted

Not Accepted (8)
University of Michigan (didnā€™t pass prescreen)
Boston University (didnā€™t pass prescreen)
Carnegie Mellon (no after virtual audition)
NYU Tisch (no after virtual audition)
Shenandoah (no after virtual audition)
Ithaca (no after live audition at Chicago)
BOCO (no after live audition at Chicago)
Montclair State (no after live audition at Chicago)

8 Likes

Dā€™s BFA acting program results: 6 of 10

Accepted:
MMC (released)
Roosevelt/CCPA (released)
New School (will release)
BOCO
CalArts
NYU/Tisch

WL:
Emerson (released)

Not Accepted:
CMU (didnā€™t pass prescreen)
DePaul (didnā€™t pass prescreen)
Juilliard (didnā€™t pass first round)

After the heartbreak of CMUā€™s no (she was in their summer pre-college program and loved it) quickly followed by DePaulā€™s, we had some long plan B conversations. So to be in this place feels like such an enormous gift, and weā€™re incredibly grateful she has an opportunity for some choice! The financial conversation is a tough one, she has merit aid offers from 4 schools, waiting to know more about the last 2 (her top 2). So - that question aside (although it is a huge question!) Iā€™d love any feedback about acting BFA program comparisons between Tisch, CalArts and BoCo. Weā€™ll be visiting all three, to get a better sense of each one as well. Thank you for any insights you care to share!

9 Likes

calling for a volunteer!!!

traditionally there is a thread called Final Decisions MT. itā€™s actually a lot like what people have started to do. but even a little more narrative about the process you went through if you care to.

Schools applied to
prescreens passed
results/offers

narrative about process

FINAL DECISION

anyone care to see this thread up?

6 Likes

Canā€™t do a comparison, but if you have questions about BFA Acting at Tisch feel free to PM me. If I canā€™t answer, Iā€™ll ask my D who is a JR.

1 Like

Iā€™ve only recently found this forum, so this is my first interaction. I see from other posts on the thread that Point Park has already sent out their letters. Does anyone know if they only notified those accepted/waitlisted or did they also notify those that were rejected? My son hasnā€™t been able to get a response directly from Point Park.

1 Like

D is still waiting to hear from one last school, so isnā€™t quite ready to reveal her top choice yet. Iā€™ll post soon with all of her final info.

2 Likes

My D auditioned for Point Park at Chicago Unifieds. She was notified on March 16 that she was rejected. It seem as though your son should have heardā€¦

where is she waiting to hear from? so late!!

Happy to help if still needed. Let me know :slight_smile:

1 Like

I know, right? She just auditioned with Millikin on March 25! Once she hears from them, we are officially finishedā€“whew!

Thank you for the response! You just confirmed what we already thought-that he should have heard one way or the other by now. Weā€™re trying one more time to find out from them. He emailed his academic advisor again today (he was accepted to the university back in January and admitted to their honors college also) and heā€™s reaching out to them through acceptā€™d. Not really sure what else to do as we donā€™t have any other contact information from them.

1 Like

Now that almost all decisions are out, remember to release the schools you are not going to attend! I see lots of waitlisted people who would love the spot you arenā€™t going to take! Thank you and CONGRATULATIONS to everyone!! Well Done!

5 Likes