Ask questions about Purdue here.

@iliveinmumbai‌
Read this:
http://www.math.purdue.edu/academic/undergrad/placement

Feel free to brush up on any concepts you are rusty in. But remember, if you cheat and place into a higher class, you are setting yourself for failure when classes start. Be honest in your abilities.

How does Purdue handle AP credits from exams taken this year? My son will be taking 4 AP exams this spring and I know last year they didn’t have results until July. If the students register for classes at STAR in June, how do they handle credit and placement based on AP results received after that time?

@CSmajorQ‌ the registration begins somewhere between June 15 and July 10th and ends on August 21… It would be best to register for classes end of July then… :slight_smile:

I have a question about school breaks. If my daughter attends Purdue, she will be far away from our stateside family and except for Christmas break, it will not be practical for her to travel to be with us say for Thanksgiving or spring break. Do students who live in the dorms have to leave campus during these breaks or can they stay in the dorms?

I guess they are allowed to stay for the winter break too at some dorms… @Northernmom61

Dorms are open during spring and thanksgiving breaks. The dining courts may close though, so your daughter needs to figure out what to do for food for a few days. Some dorms are open over the longer winter break.

@Seirsly and @iliveinmumbai thanks for your answers. Having to travel to family every break would add up.

@Seirsly Do you know if it is possible to earn a better scholarship after freshman year? I was able to recieve a presidential scholarship, but since my parents only plan to support me for the first one or two years, I will need the trustees to support myself. Do you know if there are any requirements to uprgrade your scholarship if it is possible to do so?

I’ve never heard of that happening. You can always apply for more scholarships though to supplement the presidential.

@Seirsly classes there begin 24aug for fall15
does that mean we come there just before that?

When are we given campus accommodation?

What time do internationals usually come there?
Also, what is BGR?:stuck_out_tongue:

Bro, you gotta learn how to google, it’s a life skill.

http://www.purdue.edu/studentsuccess/orientation/bgr/

http://www.housing.purdue.edu/ResidentialLife/movingin.html

Hahahaha sorry Seirsly :stuck_out_tongue:

That’s Funny :slight_smile:

Are there events for parents to attend during BGR and if so how many days do parents usually stay around campus?

Parents are around for STAR (when your student gets their initial counseling and sets up their fall schedule) and have some sessions of their own to attend. Parents typical job at BGR (the one week introduction to Purdue) is to drop your child off and perhaps help them get their room set up. When our D moved in, late in the afternoon they had a dorm meeting and a completely busy evening afterwards. Once that meeting occurred it was time for us to go home. :slight_smile:

Thanks @ Ivvcsf

Admitted in pre-pharmacy and just got honors college invitation only. Any cons to joining the honors college, other than just hard work? Also, what would recommendation or thoughts about living in a learning community for pharmacy or is there pharmacy learning community within honors college. Have heard both good and bad about living in a learning community, any advice or help would be appreciated.

Question regarding Boiler Gold Rush. If my daughter attends, does she move right into the dorm where she will be assigned? Can she stay there over the weekend after BGR? This affects timing of her parents end of summer travel back to our overseas assignment at the end of summer.

How hard is it to get into the marching band or the concert bands? I’ve seen audition music for the concert bands… It seems hard but not too impossible. Is the marching audition music easier?

@NorthernMom61‌
Yes and Yes. BGR kids move in officially ~ a week early. http://www.housing.purdue.edu/ResidentialLife/movingin.html