Ask questions about Purdue here.

<p>I'm here to answer any questions that incoming freshmen or parents have about Purdue. </p>

<p>MODERATOR'S NOTE: Please note that anyone is free to ask or answer questions in this thread.</p>

<p>@willh8 Does Purdue accept a large number of waitlised students or only few? </p>

<p>Is CODOing to computer science from computer information technology hard? Can it be done at the end of my fall semester?</p>

<p>Is CODOing to computer science from computer information technology hard? Can it be done at the end of my fall semester?</p>

<p>@Swiftie13‌ I believe the percentage of accepted wait list students is a little above 10%. I believe the numbers are around 160 students admitted out of 1400 waitlisted</p>

<p>@rohanrulesall‌ I don’t believe CODOing from CIT to CS is too difficult. The curriculum is kind of similar so as long as you have good grades, I don’t think it’ll be a big problem. Also, I’m not sure if you can codo after fall. Sorry, I don’t have too much knowledge on college transfer at Purdue. You can visit <a href=“CODO - Department of Computer Science - Purdue University”>https://www.cs.purdue.edu/undergraduate/codo.html&lt;/a&gt; for more info.</p>

<p>How good is the undergraduate Physics program when compared to Indiana University?</p>

<p>I saw signs saying “no student cars on campus” so where do students that live in dorms keep a car?</p>

<p>@cheeringsection
<a href=“Getting Around | Purdue University Residences”>http://www.housing.purdue.edu/residentiallife/parking.html&lt;/a&gt;&lt;/p&gt;

<p>There are various parking lots around campus, but spaces are limited. You are not guaranteed a parking space. You really don’t need a car if you’re living in the dorms though. </p>

<p>Unless your parents prefer not to drive several hours to get you to/from school each break. :-)</p>

<p>Seirly,
I may buy a car for my D next year but not if she doesn’t get the permit. Yet they need a car registration paper to sign up. How is that going to work ?</p>

<p>Cheering - as a freshman, you cannot get a parking permit for the res halls if you’re a freshman until the lottery unless you want to try your chances with the extremely limited free parking on campus. </p>

<p>Fire - honestly, I never heard of anyone not getting a pass through the lottery. I thought that you don’t need the info until you buy the actual pass and you only need your name/PUID type stuff for the lottery registration </p>

<p>So am I correct in understanding no car freshman year but easier for sophomore year? When is the lottery?</p>

<p>Cheer - once you’ve achieved sophomore status academically, you can have a car as long as you pay the permit fee for the res hall pass. I believe the lottery for freshman passes is around October break. It’s been a few years since I’ve lived in the res halls so I don’t remember for sure. </p>

<p>Also if you have extenuating circumstances that require a car, you can appeal. These are like frequent out of town doctors visits, off campus job, etc</p>

<p>That’s good to know. My D will be a sophomore and she needs the car for off-campus job.</p>

<p>Thanks!</p>

<p>@Seirsly @naturaldistaster Is Purdue’s Aerospace Engineering program worth going to out of state compared to UT Austin’s program instate?</p>

<p>Probably not. #8 ranked is great (vs. Purdue’s 5th), plus you’ll save tons of money. If you can, look around/ ask questions about internships/ employment opportunities out of college though. Why spend that extra money if you don’t need to? </p>

<p>Of course, if you need to spend that extra money, I could always use it. ;D</p>

<p>bump</p>