Auburn University Early Action for Fall 2023 Admission

Curious if anyone has heard about any students getting rejected or deferred. I’m wondering how the numbers will compare to last year’s.

My daughter has a classmate who did not get in, but he applied test optional and apparently did not have a great GPA.

2 of D23’s classmates were deferred.

Interesting, thanks. That seemed to be really common last year during EA1.

1 Like

A friend’s kid not at our school was deferred till March. His first choice. I did a little research and last year acceptance rate for EA was 24%. Heard today that UGA EA applications went up 21%. No idea whether that is unique to them but I wonder. Everything seems to get much more competitive every single year.

1 Like

Deferred
GPA 3.95
ACT 26
OOS
Any chance he can be admitted in EA rounds 2 or 3 without any updates? Or will he have to wait until April?

What does his letter say? I was told by friend her kid was deferred till regular decision. My guess it is outlined there

I know 3 deferred. All above 4 point, 1 test optional. And 1 invited to war eagle day. Who knows. :slight_smile:

Very interesting! I admit, I’d be a little salty being invited to WDE and then getting a deferral. I’m not so sure I would want to go, but on the other hand, it shows a lot of interest and might be the difference between a denial and an acceptance.

4 Likes

My daughter will be a freshman applying 00S we are hoping to hear in the November release since she applied September 18. Does anyone know if universities see the schools the students have applied to in common app?

DS was deferred-school of engineering. Computer science major. Email requested midterm high school and DE grades.
26ACT/3.8 GPA.
His counselor called AU admissions and was told that round 1 cutoff for school of engineering was 30/3.8 but average for those admitted was 30/4.1

Should have declared less competitive major:(
Friends with 22/3.7 and 25/3.2 were accepted (different majors).

Our only child- new to the college process and our county does not have a dedicated AU admissions rep for our counselors to work with…frustrating but not the end of the process.

1 Like

No, schools cannot see other schools that your student has applied to.
Good luck to you and your daughter…I know the waiting is rough, but she should hear back in mid November!

1 Like

Definitely does not sound like the end, and the requests for updated grades sounds like a good sign. Is it too late to change intended major?? I had no idea they really evaluated based on major, especially considering how many will change just in the first year, or even before they start!

Best of luck!

Auburn seems to have multiple majors that you can’t even get into before sophomore year, too. D23 chose a liberal arts major but was looking at some others before she saw there was an application sophomore year. We actually liked that (so many other schools -cough UT - make it so diificult to switch majors) because it showed that Auburn understood there would be students wanting to… refine their choice, let’s say.

1 Like

Good point. My daughter was looking at the Health Admin major, and it requires them to apply sophomore year. What other majors did you find that fell into that category?

So my kid just seems to know what she does not want to do, so she’s strongly considering the Exploratory major/program, but I’m glad to hear Auburn isn’t too rigid when it comes to changing.

I think all of the School of Communication is application after freshman year, if I’m remembering correctly (can’t quite keep all the schools straight at this point.) And the Cyber Analysis minor has an application too.

1 Like

Admissions office advised DS and his counselor that there was no need to change majors at this point. I wasn’t present to ask if we COULD. Lol! (They called from school during 1st pd)

He has 4 yrs of engineering academy and 3 yrs of computer science academy in high school with A’s…hoping that gets considered at some point. Also, took the ACT again today and believes his score will improve 2+ . We shall wait and see…

2 Likes

I agree being able to change your major is huge. I am less of a fan of delayed application to major - much prefer direct admit. Too many stories of kids who can’t get in to majors when they apply. Business and engineering are pretty common for this a lot of places (some business schools accept less than half of those who apply and even those who accept more have certain majors that are more competitive so you may not end up where you want to be even if you do get in).

My daughter was accepted a few days ago. The only thing is going to be whether she gets enough money to go. She has also been accepted to Mississippi State and UNA. She really wants to go to State or Auburn, but that will depend on how the financial aid package looks. If neither one gives her enough, she will probably wind up at UNA.

In-state
4.0 unweighted
29 ACT superscore

1 Like

My daughter was deferred. They requested mid-term grades.
OOS
test-optional
GPA 4.3

As far as merit goes, she would qualify for $5000 a year with her score/GPA.

2 Likes