Auburn University Early Action for Fall 2023 Admission

I’m so sorry to hear that. Do you mind sharing what her requested major was?

Remember that we don’t know how many slots there are and lots of students/ parents might not know or want to put deposits down this early. In another world, November is still VERY early to make decisions like that.

2 Likes

Also, I know several who are planning on depositing if they don’t get into UGA early just to keep the option open. Or people like us where Auburn is a possibility but several to still hear from, ranging from likely to reach. My guess is many of the EA 1 admits will have several options to choose from that may be competitive particularly if out of state.

2 Likes

Global Studies in Health Sciences. To put the GPA in context, rigorous private school that has eliminated APs, honors, etc (so no grade weighting).

My daughter’s housing application is also on 11/16.

1 Like

Yep that’s us. D23 has housing deposits at three colleges in two states now and we’ll be doing one for Auburn (a third state) on Monday. I fear this is crazy but she’s applied early everywhere and gotten acceptances so that’s the game, I guess.

1 Like

I saw that EA2 decisions came out. Has anyone heard about scholarships for EA1 admits?

My daughter was rejected as well. 3.2. OOS for fashion merchandising. Her test score was low. Auburn is only one she had to submit scores too. She has other acceptances so all is well.

I’m sorry she didn’t get better news, but glad to hear she has other acceptances. I hope your daughter thrives at the school she chooses!

Should be soon! They say “mid November”, so I’m guessing next week.

1 Like

My daughter’s time slot was Friday. Very easy process…the parent will need to be available to “sign” something by email, so if your student does it, just know you need to access that email before they can proceed. They also need to know their ID # (starts with a 90…). Rank communities 1-7, pay $100, and if you want, you can complete a questionnaire and search/link with roommates. Whole process took a few minutes!

1 Like

Deferred - OOS
4.54 w/3.92 uw
ACT 24 - likely reason for deferral :frowning:
Demonstrated interest
4 AP’s, 2 Dual Credits, 11 Advanced/Honors Classes
Captain Varsity Cheer
National Honor Society Secretary
Student Council
Beta Club
Numerous extracurriculars & community service

Heartbroken - tough weekend. Auburn is #1 choice. Good friend accepted with lower GPA but 27 ACT. Trying to regroup & encourage DD. Praying for good news in mid-March.

1 Like

We just received our acceptance on Friday. Second round EA. Do they send a link regarding the housing slot or should my daughter reach out. I had no idea until I saw this. Any information would be appreciated.

Have her complete signing up for her Auburn email and the duo authentication step on her portal. She should be given a time slot to select her housing preference. I think this is why my sons time slot was later than others. He did not set up his Auburn email until several weeks after he was admitted.

1 Like

Thank you!

Right, make sure she sets up her AU email and does the verification. In early December, she will receive an email to that account with her housing time slot. The times are randomly assigned (in that group), so it shouldn’t matter when she sets up her email account, but it doesn’t hurt to get it done now :smiley:

Congrats, and War Eagle!

Interesting about the random assignment. My son set up his email after the notification was supposed to go out. He did it like November 10 or 12th. His friend that did it the same day also had the same timeslot so maybe earlier is better? Or they were both unlucky and got the 21st!

Who knows?! The housing website says the time slots are randomly assigned, but maybe there is still some order to it. My daughter activated her email the day acceptances went out and was assigned 11/11 (3rd day). Either way, I think as long as they are in EA1, they’re in a pretty good position for room picks in the Spring!

2 Likes

So sorry getting deferred is so hard. Especially when they are such a well-rounded student. Praying both our kids get good news in March.

1 Like

Really sorry to hear. Is it possible to submit updated test scores? I don’t think it’s too late to register for the December ACT, and I think the next one is Feb. Since that seems to be the only reason your daughter was deferred, it might be worth a call to admissions to see if they have any advice…it’s not a rejection!
(By the way, I can recommend a great private ACT tutor if you decide to test again!)

1 Like