Auburn University Early Action for Fall 2023 Admission

My son is a current student. He has not had any online courses. I know they do have some available, but most are in person and will have that option.

I’m not sure if it’s more difficult to get in EA3, but the last time to take the ACT would have been the December test, and I think they can really only be updated for merit purposes and not really acceptance at this point.

There is Admitted Students Day, Talons, and VIT - I think which one your student is invited to depends on ACT score. VIT seems to be for those receiving Presidential Scholarships, Talons right under that (like 30-32ish range maybe), and ASD for under that, but I’m not sure everyone is invited.
My daughter was accepted in Oct and we haven’t received any invites (other than War Eagle Day in October).

2 Likes

My D applied EA3. From the posts it doesn’t sound positive.

My daughter also applied EA3. I think she’ll get deferred judging from previous posts with similar stats. She was already accepted at her top choice so she’ll be ok. Auburn would’ve been her top choice but she wouldn’t know if she was accepted into her major until after the first year. It’s too big a risk to take if she has other options who will let her in from the get go.

Interesting. My son received the VIT invitation but I didn’t realize there were different admitted student invites. It did mention a personalized introduction to Auburn.

3 Likes

Does that seem right about the ACT scores?

Not sure about the others but he did get the presidential scholarship so it makes sense

1 Like

My son attended the VIT day in late November but received the invitation in late Aug, not long after AU received his ACT scores (34). It was a 1-1 day of tours and meetings, including lunch with a few students. He received his acceptance as a Presidential Scholar in Oct - well after we scheduled the visit.

My take is that it was a dog-n-pony show encouraging him to apply, since his guide didn’t know he was already admitted. Not sure what the other days entail, but VIT is not for already admitted students. There were no other VIT students with us. We haven’t received another invite so I’m guessing the other days (Talons and Admitted) are for kids that have submitted a deposit
.which we won’t do until all decisions are in. :woman_shrugging:t2:

2 Likes

It made it sound like a 1 on 1 tour. . . we are not going because my son is likely going to Georgia Tech but Auburn was a real contender for a bit.

1 Like

VIT tours in past years were for ACT scores 33 or above (admitted or applied), but this year I was told only 33 composite scores were invited.

2 Likes

My daughter was admitted EA1 and received the Admitted Students Day invite a few days ago along with an Aubie Happy Holiday card that came the same day. She is planning to attend Auburn but I don’t think we will go to ASD, it sounded like for people who wanted to learn more about Auburn. We have paid both housing and enrollment deposits. Her grades and scores are not scholarship eligible so I assume that is why we didn’t get Talon or VIT.

3 Likes

Not sure. My DS had a single sitting test score of 34. He sent his test scores in late July and received the invite (snail mail postcard) a month later.

1 Like

Did anyone get an invite to VIT who was denied admission to honors college? The two things came within 24 hours of each other, and it doesn’t make sense. I’m sure the honors college is supercompetitive, but I have seen some people reference being “waitlisted” for honors and my DD seems to have gotten an outright rejection. SAT of 1480 (ACT 32) and Auburn GPA higher than the middle 50%. We thought her essays were solid, too.

I did see on another page about a student with a 33 ACT (Presidential scholarship) and very high GPA getting a rejection email from HC. I also saw a lot of waitlists, which surprised me as we were told last year there was an “88%” acceptance rate and very reasonable (although high) average GPA and ACT.
Just curious
how would you say your daughter’s “resume” is? I hear HC really looks beyond stats and focuses on ECs, volunteerism, leadership etc (plus strong essays).

1 Like

My DS attended the VIT tour and was waitlisted for Honors. I am guessing the student’s major could be a big factor. He is Marine Bio - an anomaly at AU - which could be good and bad! Sorry about your DD’s honor rejection. Most decisions as of late don’t make any sense and its particularly hurtful when the marketing team and admissions team are not on the same page.

1 Like

president of one extracurricular club that she’s been involved with for four years, treasurer of another club, super active in Girl Scouts for 12 years, shift supervisor at her job, etc
 so strong in multiple ECs and leadership. Could have had a bit more volunteer hours, but not with her 20 hours a week at work.

2 Likes

Yeah, sounds like she’s a well-rounded candidate. I wish there was some explanation of what they were looking for
a lot of the decisions don’t seem to make sense.

Does anyone know when Auburn honors college decisions will be available?

My daughter received hers a week or so ago, in her Auburn email account. That is the only notification she received and it did require a response. I am not sure if they are rolling decisions or how they come out.

1 Like