Auburn University Early Action for Fall 2023 Admission

Really?? I read where she confirmed that the email said her kid got on of the first 30 timeslots. And someone else said there is a select “test group” that signs up 3/21! :dotted_line_face:

Just when I was feeling pretty confident about my daughter’s sign up time… :woozy_face:

Oh geez! Really? Well I guess there is nothing that can be done about that. I would imagine those with approved accommodations would have first selection too.

Does anyone know how many students equate to a time slot and how many students will be selecting a day? We are trying to figure out how long it will take to fill up all of the available housing.

2 Likes

I am also curious if my son does not have a roommate if he has a better chance of getting his first or second choices, which are the quad and the village? He does not select until March 29.

Anyone get scholarship notifications today out of AUSOM?

2 Likes

Nope.

I got a couple that came in at 4:45 Eastern. Wan’t sure if this was the only round of notifications or if they’re rolling and there may be more…

I don’t really think there is any way of knowing that. Even if one student has a time slot on a given day, he could possibly “place” himself PLUS 3 suitemates, or he could just place himself. I would count on popular places like Village and Quad to fill up within the first few days, but there does seem to be a lot of movement for months, so people suggest checking back often!

Probably will be easier to place one than a group of 4 (like for the Village). BUT if he finds a roommate with an earlier pick time, the roommate can place both of them during his timeslot. So pros and cons of going in with a roommate, I think.

How are you seeing “what came in”. DS applied for the scholarships and I do see that the AUSOM portal looks a little different this morning but it doesn’t list any awards (I’d be shocked if he didn’t get something for music)…

Notification was through Auburn email and theres a banner the top of AUSOM:

I’m pretty sure they’re rolling from asking around.

Thank you! And congratulations to you. I can’t tell based on what you posted but were the scholarships you received specific to a program or more “general” in nature?

Also question - did you accept admittance (place deposit) yet? We have not… still waiting on a couple of other decisions to come in.

1 Like

Thanks.

One was a major specific scholarship (not fine arts/music) and the other was general.

I have only paid housing. I haven’t paid enrollment. I’m OOS, so even with merit, these two scholarships and Pell, I’m still going to need quite a bit more to make Auburn a viable choice. Unfortunately I wasn’t in this position when I applied :slight_smile:

1 Like

What are the chances that regular decisions will be released today?

6 Likes

@Jex - Last year, regular Fall decisions came out this same Friday of the first week of March. Maybe give it a little later in the afternoon.

5 Likes

What time do decisions come out?

They are out!!

1 Like

My son was accepted! He’s fired up!

My son accepted after initial deferral, will weight it all up, he has quite a few other schools to choose from at this point.

2 Likes

Son accepted! Very excited

2 Likes