Auburn University Early Action for Fall 2023 Admission

Interested to know deferred and now accepted students Stats? Do you mind sharing scores?

Son was accepted yesterday after being deferred in the Fall. He’s committed to A&M so no longer interested in Auburn.
1280 SAT
3.78 gpa (unweighted)
5 AP’s

4 Likes

My son got accepted as well. How does housing work for regular decision acceptances?

1 Like

Make sure he sets up his Auburn email account. They will then send an email to that account about housing. Then he can set up the housing enrollment through AU Access.

Have regular decisions come out for Auburn?

Yes they came out about a week ago.

We are still waiting to hear news about scholarships through the AUSOM portal. Is anyone else still in the same boat? I thought we would have heard something by now?

Same boat here. Check daily but no change. According to their website says “early March” - seems like we’re on the other side of March now. :slight_smile:

And with housing deposit/deadline looming, we can not proceed with that if we do not know about scholarships?! The waiting is so painful.

1 Like

Are you seeing a different date somewhere than I am? Room deposit deadline 4/19. I would certainly expect any scholarship notifications to be completed by 4/1. Agree the waiting is painful and this all sets up to have to make some very important decisions in the span of a couple of weeks!

1 Like

My son applied early action. Housing selection for those admits begins on March 22 and rolls from there. My son’s specific time is set for March 27.

DS was EA as well.

Auburn wants payment to participate in room selection that’s completed before other admissions notifications have even come in. My position as parent (since ultimately I’m paying - others may be in a different spot) is that we’ll wait to see all decisions that come in and the financial position before I put any $$ with a college. Completely understand that this might put us behind schedule in some components of things. YMMV.

Are you all in state or out of state? We are in state and my daughter and her friends and/or class mates have already received both merit and any AUSOM scholarship notifications. The AUSOM notifications were about a week ago. You can reach out to an admissions counselor to confirm if they are completed.

1 Like

We are in state. My son received the Spirit of Auburn Presidential scholarship with his application. His AUSOM portal looks exactly the same now as it did when he first submitted. He is a “high stats” kid, so we were expecting something to come from the AUSOM scholarships?! I did email his admissions counselor and she said she “thought all of those had been released”, but I’m hearing from others who say they have not heard anything either. I wonder if they notify if you are not selected for any additional scholarship? His portal still just shows applications “submitted”

We are OOS and in addition to the “general application” DS applied to the College of Architecture and Music/Band/Choir. We met with the head of their music program while touring there and he submitted an audition. I don’t think we expect a LOT from the scholarship but certainly expected something. Agree with @CollegeMom594, portal looks the same way today as has for months.

1 Like

My daughter also received that scholarship, accepted to Auburn Honors College and high stats. She did not receive notification of any AUSOM scholarship, but she and her friends who received additional scholarships from AUSOM a week or so ago are in an IB programme so they are also pretty high stat kids. With the information you got from the admission counselor, that may be it. I think we saw something somewhere that many of the AUSOM scholarships focus on assisting OOS and instate students who have additional financial needs not covered by the merit scholarships, but I cannot remember where I saw it. We just assumed that her major/department combined with the lack of additional financial assistance needed resulted in her and others in her group not getting them since some did???

I called scholarship office last week and they said all AUSOM scholarships had been sent out and if we didn’t see offers in the portal then we did not receive any. They said the scholarships are not just for incoming freshman but all undergrads and students have to reapply each year.

3 Likes

Thanks! Helpful. I sent an email into their office earlier. Anticipating it will be consistent with what you were told this makes Auburn a pretty easy decision for DS.

“We awarded the general and departmental scholarships on March 2nd for the 2023-24 academic year.”

Now why they don’t change the portal to signify that is a mystery! But if you didn’t/don’t see anything in your portal right now you got bupkis.

2 Likes

Does anyone know if it is typical for scholarships to be reallocated if/when some students choose other schools?