Average GPA question

“Middle 50% high school GPA range: 3.6-4.0”
Is the 4.0 weighted or unweighted?

Bump

I think it is weighted. If you go to Purdue’s website and find their Common Data Set it will give you the GPAs unweighted. When I look at that, the 75%ile is about 3.75, not 4.0. That is for the whole university, though. It might be higher or lower depending on the college or school.
For instance, I would like to get into engineering, but the ACT’s there are higher, so I guess the GPA’s are too.

@emptyMT thank you for the response! Does anybody actually know if the GPA is unweighted or weighted?

Bump

Unweighted

No idea. Help Bump=-=

@emptyMT nope. It’s UNweighted. I have asked Purdue college rep and they have said it’s unweighted, and they said that they are unable to publish weighted GPA because W GPA measurement is not uniform across all the applicants’ schools.

Also, when you look at common data set, the GPA data you see on page C is NOT the GPA that you are thinking of. The GPA you see on CDS is of every applicant’s GPA, not of the admitted students’ GPA. In other words, if an applicant has like a GPA of 2.1, yet didn’t get into Purdue, it still goes into that GPA data. Don’t assume average GPA of enrolled freshmen’s high school GPA with that CDS GPA next time. Almost every school has their own Freshman Class Profile (http://www.admissions.purdue.edu/academics/freshmanprofile.php) that gives you what their admitted students’ average high school GPA was.