Bama here we come!

<p>OK, 2 hours to go before we jump on the highway and catch the tail-end of Chicago rush hour.</p>

<p>I’m not gonna blog, per se, but I’ll write a short recap, ala campus visit & BB recaps, as I can along the way and when we return.</p>

<p>I’m hopeful that everything goes smoothly, and that there are more smiles than tears! :-)</p>

<p>Wish this Chicago crew good luck as we ROLL TIDE!!!</p>

<p>Stay tuned …</p>

<p>Have a safe trip!!!</p>

<p>Good luck, and have fun! What a wonderful trip you are making!</p>

<p>Hope to see you there on Saturday. We head out Friday morning from San Antonio!!</p>

<p>Safe trip…and ROLL TIDE!!</p>

<p>Have a safe trip. We’ll keep the Vernon Hills merchants in business with our back to school shopping while you’re gone.</p>

<p>OK, I am going to be there this weekend too. I think this calls for a CC meet-up. Anyone game?</p>

<p>Beth’s Mom … We’re from Vernon Hills. Do you all live near? Mist of those from Chicago area sending kids to UA lately seem to be from west or south west suburbs.</p>

<p>Car is packed and we’re leaving in five minutes. :-)</p>

<p>Have a safe trip - Roll Tide!</p>

<p>^^^^Have a safe trip…</p>

<p>To all the parents who have sons/daughters leaving home this week: Have a fun trip with your student and remember this is the beginning of a most wonderful adventure for them. I am wishing you all a successful year!!</p>

<p>Roll Tide!!</p>

<p>I looked at what my child has packed so far. Apparently, she is going to spend a lot of time in bikinis and triathlon gear. Guess I’ll be repacking her before we can pack the car!</p>

<p>*Apparently, she is going to spend a lot of time in bikinis and triathlon gear. *</p>

<p>lol…I doubt many of the male students would want her to expand her wardrobe, but the winter months would be killers.</p>

<p>You will have a wonderful trip; UA is a very special place indeed.</p>

<p>Dad2ILD - we don’t live in Vernon Hills, but we’re in the north burbs, close enough that it’s where we do most of our shopping.</p>

<p>Safe travels to ya’ll and happy “move in”…Roll tide!!!</p>

<p>Safe journeys, everyone. Y’all chose wisely. Roll Tide!</p>

<p>Dad2ild and Beth’s Mom, we are also from the North Shore! I shopped in Vernon Hills today:) </p>

<p>If our son attends Bama next fall DH and I might have to relocate to the South for the weather and Southern hospitality. And, to escape the ever expanding taxes! </p>

<p>Enjoy your trip Dad2ild and safe travels.</p>

<p>Son is flying out Friday morning for Alabama Action. He is not packed yet but manage to cut his finger bad enough requiring stitches. We are sitting in the Emergency Room waiting our turn. My guess is, son will be painting next week ( wearing gloves no doubt!)</p>

<p>^ ouch! I’m so sorry to hear that! Hope he heals quickly and your ER wait isn’t too long.</p>

<p>LMK2…my husband wants to move further south if my son goes to school in the south! Fine by me, southern by birth! </p>

<p>Momof3boyz- hope your son’s finger is OK, and it is not on his dominate hand! </p>

<p>Everyone safe travels. I can not believe it will be me and my son in a year! Where did the past 11 years go? If the past 3 years is any indication, then this next year will be done before I wake up in the morning. Kind of frightening, exciting, and sad, all at the same time!</p>