Barnard Regular Decision Fall 2022 Admissions

Can I ask where ? Only admits for mine Oberlin CUNY and SUNY

1 Like

My daughter waitlisted as well. Accepted to NYU today.

UW GPA 4.3, W 5.0, SAT 1550 (one sitting), 8 APs (1 4, rest 5s), decent ECs, good LORs, competitive dancer 11 years, good essays, etc. Such a brutal year. Happy to get NYU today, but Barnard was her top choice. Four waitlists, including UChicago, another top choice. Accepted Northeastern and some safeties, also lots of rejections.

Congratulations to all who were accepted!

6 Likes

My daughter was rejected from NYU (I was surprised) and waitlisted at Barnard.

1 Like

D22 was accepted! And the aid package was excellent. She is both over the moon and a little in shock.

11 Likes

congratulations!!

1 Like

My daughter was waitlisted. Does anyone know, for kids who are lucky enough to get off the waitlist, how long does the school give you to decide? Or by accepting the waitlist are you saying you’d go there if you got off the list?

1 Like

My D was accepted.
But I can’t see financial aid award.
She can’t see what major she was accepted to

5 Likes

The financial aid letter was right under the acceptance letter if that helps.

1 Like

where is she already committed?

Oberlin sounds amazing, congrats to your D! And SUNY and CUNY sound like great options too. What does she want to study?

My D applied for Computer Science at most schools, so she applied to a lot of them! She was accepted to Wesleyan, Univ of Rochester, Worcester Polytechnic Institute, Univ of Pittsburgh, Oregon State and some California schools (where we live) – UC Santa Cruz, Cal Poly’s (SLO, Pomona) and CSU’s (San Jose, Long Beach, San Diego, Sacramento).

3 Likes

Committed to UNC

3 Likes

DD waitlisted.
3.95 uw/4.7 w, public school magnet program. 33 ACT. Two varsity sports (captain of one), founded a club at school, won a few national-level awards for work in same subject area as the club. Part time job.
Also waitlisted at BU and NYU. Accepted at Northeastern, Pitt, GWU, UMD, Drexel, Fordham LC, Loyola Chicago and De Paul.

3 Likes

Congratulations!

There were 12,009 applications this year, 16% more than the also record-breaking previous year.

Overall acceptance rate was 8% - but with much of the class already filled during ED, the RD acceptance rate was a significantly smaller fraction.

Also, 41 FLI students were admitted through QuestBridge; overall 21% are first-generation students.

About 10% were international students from 36 countries.

PS: For the other two traditional colleges at Columbia U (Columbia College, and The Fu Foundation School of Engineering and Applied Science), applications remained unchanged, with an admissions rate of 3.73%.

3 Likes

My D accepted to Wesleyan and SLO. We live in Davis CA.

2 Likes

Awesome! D is undecided but possibly chemistry. Also wants to dance. Barnard was first choice so very bummed. I’m going she can get off Smith or Vassar WL. Otherwise probably Oberlin.

1 Like

Yay we’re in the Sacramento area too! What is your D interested in studying?

Those 2 choices are so great to have but so hard to decide from! Such different experiences and price tags! We’ve been to SLO over the summer but it was empty so are going to Admitted Students’ Day next week, which sounds like it will be the extreme opposite and a giant party. Then we will stop by Wesleyan the following week when we visit WPI and Pitt.

Have you already visited both?

Oh wow, Oberlin sounds like it would be a great match! I can see why she’d want Smith or Vassar too but she’s in a great position even if she doesn’t come off the WL.

My D’s first choice was MIT and even though she knew that it and many others she applied to were crazy reaches, she was still really bummed when she didn’t get in. And then came lots of rejections and waitlists at the UC’s which long ago would have been target/match schools for her. But now she’s moving on to enjoying the process of looking at the schools she was accepted at and imagining herself at these different places. So it’s now much better when the table’s have turned and the decision is hers on where she goes.

Anyway sorry to ramble. I bet your D will be so happy wherever she decides to go. Good luck!

ur D is over qualified I think!

For what it’s worth, my daughter is in her first year at Barnard (loves it) and close high school friends went to Northeastern and love it there… seems like similar cultures. :heart:

2 Likes