Barnard Transfer Fall 2023

My withdraw application area is gone.

nvm its back

Would it mean much if the withdraw application area was gone? cos its the same for me

mine is gone again. I don’t know. Should we call and ask? Or does anyone in this thread knows?

i haven’t seen any past threads mention this. Could it just be an error on the site?

guys apparently first year admissions were crazy this year, so do u guys know if this will affect the transfer admission?

crazy how? should we be nervous? :worried:

I applied to transfer to Barnard for Spring 2023 and the withdrawal form + course descriptions disappeared on the day we received admission results. Some people didn’t find out until a few days after it disappeared though.

What do you mean by crazy? If they accepted a large amount of first-years then maybe there will be a lower rate for transfers

Barnard needs to cool it with first year admissions fr. They are an already small school that does not need to be admitting high numbers of freshies :triumph:

how soon after the application deadline did you find out?

Can you please quote your source to substantiate these assertion?

The published numbers I’ve seen indicate last year’s incoming class of 2026 to have been 8% of 12,009 (approx. 960 acceptances) vs. this year’s 6.5% of 11,803 (approx. 770 acceptances).

Besides fewer admitted, there also is no indication they are aiming for a larger first-year class size?

In any case, transfers are largely independent of first-year admissions, which are limited by availability of guaranteed housing and fall semester first-year classes/programs. After the first semester bottleneck, Spring transfers are a welcome way to allow additional revenue for 3 1/2 years. The extra transfer head-count will easily spread over a wider range of courses from the catalogue.

if i applied to barnard last year as a first year, are they going to have my old application on file and use that as context? Should i email them asking this question?

I think yeah. I do remember reading it somewhere or someone was saying it. You can email them and ask

Just an if-then statement, thanks for the stats though!

Our application deadline for Spring 2023 was November 1st. The majority of us found on December 10th but for others the latest was December 16th.

3 Likes

Did anyone get anything about course descriptions? I heard a lot of people who got accepted last year were asked to send course descriptions in April, not sure the validity of this but was curious

they asked about it in common app. also my withdraw button is back. Does anyone else is back as well?

have anyone got the course description email? I haven’t got one till now.

yeah mine is back too