Barnard Waitlist 2026

I’m just gonna try to stay off this thread for a while and I suggest any who is also waiting to do the same. If we get a call, then yay, but right now its just a lot :slight_smile:

2 Likes

agreed! i’ve already fell in love with NYU and i’m so happy with my option rn. whatever happens happens at this point. wishing u all best of luck!

Yes, the financial aid was pretty darn good, the same as I would’ve gotten if I was admitted through RD.
Not exactly sure of when and how the waves are working.
And lastly, I have a week to accept the offer and enroll.

1 Like

My AO was Tiffany Thimba.
I basically just updated on a few new involvements in my school and work. Literally only 2 things. And then spoke about alumnis I talked to since I got accepted, how I’m basically a good fit (kinda like the why Barnard essay restated). Also, I did send in 2 additional recs.

2 Likes

Tiffany Thimba! Updated on new extracurriculars and sent in two additional recs which were written specifically for Barnard.

@laila_laila How did the fin aid compare to offers from other schools? We found huge variation between our cost of attendance at different schools. Some would require loans while others wouldn’t. Wondering where Barnard falls in the spectrum.

If you don’t mind sharing, how did you submit the additional recs? Did you get them from your teachers or someone else? Did you upload them yourself or did the recommenders send them in?

@laila_laila If you don’t mind sharing, how did you submit the additional recs? Did you get them from your teachers or someone else? Did you upload them yourself or did the recommenders send them in?

Also, sorry for all the questions haha! But did your AO Tiffany call you herself from her number, or did another person from the admissions office call?

1 Like

And where are you based?

Me too!

Did you get off the waitlist? When did you get the call? Would you mind share your location and financial aid situation?

No. Stay hopeful!

Hi, @ Laila were your recommendations submitted through the portal or your recommenders wrote to Barnard admissions directly? Thank you.

I meant did your recommenders write to your regional AO’s email directly or through the portal? Thanks

1 Like

I hope they don’t get annoyed but I had to upload a second update letter cause I won a debate award so hopefully it doesn’t go against me this late in the process and they see it

They did say we are welcome to submit the Update Form as many times as we want! So they won’t be annoyed don’t worry. Any new updates anyone? I keep asking because aside from putting down my deposit, I now need to pay for other things at the college I’m committed to and I don’t know whether I will need to or not.

I’m not sure! I want to email asking about number of spots or if the waitlist is closed, because it seems pretty closed at this point, I’d just want that confirmation. Does anyone know?

1 Like

Why do you think it seems closed? Just wondering because I can’t decipher anything at all.

I emailed the waitlist people today to see if my new letter would be reviewed and they said all submitted stuff will be and that they haven’t closed it yet? But also like the number of spots at this point is probably veryyyy limited.