Barnard Waitlist 2027

yup!

1 Like

I got the form:) She emailed/called me during the time i specified on the form hehe

Yup! She didnt ask any questions, just said congrats uve been admitted:))

1 Like

who’s your AO?

wasnt my regional ao specifically that called. she was the vp of enrollment but she was an ao for a few other territories

ah ok thanks!! congratulations!!! i hope I’m as lucky as you are

Did you submit any additional materials or just the update form? Thank you for being so helpful and answering our questions!

Yup ofc! I only submitted the update form:)

1 Like

do u mind me asking ab ur financial aid status and if ur domestic? also did u submit SAT?

Im international, and I submitted the ACT (never took the sat). No aid for barnard bc theyre need-aware for international, although I don’t think it matters if you’re domestic

2 Likes

Balancing the student population seems to be weighted more in this round.

1 Like

anyone think it’s worth submitting my research paper as a last shot? i submitted my loci a while ago

Hey if you don’t mind me asking Do you remember the date when you submitted the reply form to the waitlist and the LOCI?

By May 1st

I don’t see why not. But use the form, they were pretty explicit about that being the only way to submit that will be automatically added to your file.

Actually I emailed the admissions office and I talked to a BSAR who was waitlisted before and she said that she was able to email additional documents to the admissions office to add it on file. I did the same thing to submit my LOR, Policy Brief and Research Paper and they sent me a digital receipt saying it went through. Except with the LOR, the teacher has to send it and they don’t give receipts for that but you definitely can send it through there if you have important stuff that can’t be added through the update form. Gotta keep in mind the update form only has a 500 word limit which is too short for a research paper.

1 Like

Very good to know! Good luck everyone! I hope this one of these waitlists comes through for all of you!

Daughter got an email this morning from AO asking to call this afternoon. Call was short and sweet. AO told her she’s accepted and has until May 1 to decide as usual. Portal expected to update within 24hours showing acceptance. It is her top choice, so I guess she’s class of 2027 now.

She submitted LOCI within a week of the decisions coming out. Stated that Barnard was her first choice and she’d accept immediately if offered. Then described two activities she’s done since applying, both gender rights focused. Email did mention her early LOCI, so they might be going down the list in order of LOCI submission.

4 Likes

Hello ladies: I think it is important to remember they are balancing out a class and using waitlist to round out areas - it could be potential major/interest related, extracurricular, geographical, independent vs public school, aid or no aid.

Please do not take it personal, as you would not have been added to the waitlist, if Barnard did not think you would qualified and would succeed. At this point they are doing the final curating of the class. I know the wait is hard and I hope all of you are excited about your acceptances and plans for the your freshman year.

5 Likes

Can we submit another LOCI or update?