Barnard Waitlist 2027

I believe they say that you can update as often as you’d like.

Do you think Barnard will continue to sent out waitlist acceptences during the weekend, or is it done?

I’m actually terrified for the next couple of days. I don’t know if they will email over the weekend or on may 1st. But I wish everyone luck.

1 Like

I would guess that they are done until after May 1. At that point they can look at their real yield numbers and re-evaluate how many spots they have left. There was probably a rush to get this first batch of waitlist acceptances out before May 1, but now they will wait and see. Even AOs want to take the weekend off.

Does anyone have a guess as to why they released this first batch so early? I thought previously that schools had to wait until after may 1 to see which students accept

They are seeing how many students have committed already. They also know how many are still deciding. So for students that they like that are likely to come, they want to get the acceptance in their hands before May 1. Because after May 1, the student has already mentally committed to another school and is less likely to take the Barnard spot, even if offered.

2 Likes

i got off the waitlist this afternoon around 7:30 pm eastern time!

4 Likes

omg congratulations!! have an amazing time there :slight_smile:

Hi everyone,

As someone who has been checking this thread almost every day, I know it’s stressful and am really hoping for all of you to get off the waitlist. I got a call around 5:00 pm today from my AO Christina Lopez and was asked to confirm if I’m interested in staying on the waitlist. She then proceeded to let me know I was accepted into the Class of 2027 and told me I have to let them know by May 1st. I submitted my LOCI kind of late, but also submitted three extra rec letters (I think only two reached them, though), some video materials through the waitlist update form, and updates on my ECs and awards. I will 100% be committing there, and if any of you have any questions, I’ll be more than happy to answer!

1 Like

thank youuu!! good luck to you!

Congratulations! Did you also receive the urgent reply email that others previously described?

wow congratulations!!!

how did you attach the letters of recommendation and video materials? I’m looking to add my research paper and there’s nothing on the portal. i emailed my AO and asked if I could send her my paper so I’m waiting on a response.

did you submit an SAT score?

Likely, by now some people had already notified Barnard that they’ll be enrolling elsewhere - it makes sense for them to still reach out to people before they need to commit elsewhere by 5/1.

After 5/1 they’ll have closer to a “final count” and there’ll likely be another, possibly bigger outreach.
Then, come June, the odd surprise call could result in the summer, if someone got off a waitlist elsewhere and retracted their enrollment.

Anyone who got off the waitlist have their portal update showing the acceptance?

They said should happen by this morning, but we are still waiting. Emailed the AO to see if she could give an updated timeline. Really eager to commit!!!

My daughter received the acceptance call from her AO at 5 pm ET yesterday and was told that the portal will be updated and opened in the next 24 hours. She has been at a rehearsal all afternoon and the portal had not opened when she had last checked right before noon ET. Barnard is her first choice so we are eager.

1 Like

I got a call yesterday at 1 PM EST and my portal still hasn’t been updated

1 Like

mine hasn’t been updated either

1 Like

Do you guys think they’ll reach out may 1st?

Only time will tell. However, I do think that they’ve already contacted all the applicants they wanted off of the waitlist before the deadline. Keep in mind those most recently accepted have until May 1st to accept or decline.

We will probably see more movement after May 1st.

to those who have gotten off the wl - my acceptance letter just updated in my portal, but i cannot for the life of me figure out how to accept my place. is the offer reply form not appearing for anyone else?