Beering and Stamps Scholarship

Congrats Southern Girl. My son did was not a finalist. What other schools did you apply to and what is your dream school?

I meant to type “my son was not a finalist.”

how do you know he was not a finalist? did you get an email?

yes, it was from Mindy Hart, Recruitment Manager - Honor’s college.

“Thank you for submitting an application for the Beering and Stamps Scholarships. We had a number of highly qualified candidates apply. The decision was not easy, but unfortunately, we are not going to be able to offer you either of the scholarships. As a recipient of a Trustee or Emerging Leader scholarship, you should be very proud of your accomplishments. We hope you choose to become a Boilermaker and look forward to welcoming you in the Purdue Honors College!”

Rooting for you @thesoutherngirl !

@ambkeegan where is that information? It does not show up on my financial aid.

@CUBuffs my stats + where I applied are all on a thread I made weeks ago if you want to check it out. best of luck to your son!

@thesoutherngirl only school in common is Purdue. He did not get into Stanford early action and was not deferred. Waiting on USC, Notre Dame, UC Berkley, Harvard, Princeton, UPenn, and Villanova. He’s good at math and science but essays and community service are the biggest issues.

ACT: 35
SAT: 1520
SAT II: Math II, Chemistry, Physics: 800
Unweighted GPA: 3.994 school doesn’t weight or rank (A- in 1st semester of freshman English).
AP: Chem, Stats, Physics 1&2: 5’s
Senior AP: Calc BC, Physics C
US Presidential Scholar candidate, National Merit Scholar Commendation
Sports: Basketball, track, and volleyball

@CUBuffs I’m also waiting on Harvard, Princeton and UPenn! He has some impressive stats. I’m wishing the best for him!

Good luck to you too!

Received the Stamps!

So happy for you @thesoutherngirl! Congratulations! Boiler up!

Congratulations @thesoutherngirl!! This is a very prestigious award and you should be very proud of your accomplishment.

As part of the process, were you also invited to apply for the Beering scholarship?

@GoScience Thank you! There was just one application to be considered for Stamps/Beering. I was contacted after submitting that I was a semifinalist for Stamps, and then I interviewed with the executive director of the Stamps foundation.

Congrats! So awesome. My son just got his acceptance to Notre Dame today.