Beering and Stamps Scholarship

I was recently admitted to Purdue EA and I got an email today inviting me to apply for the Beering and Stamps Scholarship program. Does an invite mean I am likely to get accepted into the Honors College? I looked around but there wasn’t much info on the selection process. I’m very interested in Purdue and these sound like amazing programs. Any Beering or Stamps Scholars out here? Any info/advice would be welcome. Thanks!

That is fantastic! It’s an amazing opportunity. I know the Beerings Scholarship is a full ride plus up to 2 graduate degrees (medical school included if you are accepted). Sorry I can’t help you with information on the selection process. I would think you’d qualify for the Honors College if they think you’re worthy of an invite to the scholarships. Congratulations & good luck!

So do emails for stuff like this go to the email that was used to apply or to the one the school assigns?

@ChattaChia I got it through my personal email. My parents got it too.

@mysmom Thank you so much!

Hi, I’m currently a Stamps at Purdue! If you’re accepted into Stamps or Beering you’ll be in the Honors College as well (but pretty sure you’ll still need to fill out whatever application for the Honors College they have nowadays as a formality). Good luck on applying! :smiley:

Does anyone know what is meant by “full ride” the average cost of education (tuition, room, and board) listed below? My son is OOS and the estimated cost of attendance is about $42k before scholarships vs. $23k for in state. Purdue is by the far the least expensive of all the schools he has applied to, every other school is between $60k and $70k. He was accepted as a FYE student and received a $16k Trustee’s Scholarship. How do we know if he was accepted to the Honors College?

We believe the Beering Scholarship is one of the most valuable scholarships in the nation – a “full ride” covering the average cost of education (tuition, room, and board) for one bachelor’s degree, one master’s degree and either a Ph.D. or professional degree in medicine, veterinary medicine or pharmacy. It also includes funding for a study abroad experience.

@Disantis Thank you! How do you think Stamps has helped you at Purdue? What are your favorite aspects of it?

@CUBuffs The website says Honors College invitations go out to 650 people on 2/15. But if your son got the Trustee’s (given to 100 people) and received an invitation for Beerings/Stamps (which I think was emailed out to those who got 16k Trustee’s) then I’m pretty sure he got in the Honors College. But then, I’m a HS Senior in the same boat as your S, so take my words with a grain of salt. Hope that helps!

Since there are 650 spots in the Honor’s College, there will be substantially more than 650 invitations. I don’t know what the yield is, but Purdue will be competing with lots of other schools for these incoming freshman. To be precise, the website says enrollment limited to 650. My guess is there will be around 1500 - 2000 invitations.

@84stag Aren’t there 650 spots totally? So freshman spots will probably be 250 or something.

@thesoutherngirl : From Purdue: “Each year, we are limited to an enrollment of approximately 650 new students.” I take that to mean 650 new freshman. What else could that mean but that, as one is required to enter as a freshman.

My son was invited to the honor’s college today. So far, other than the $2,500 scholarship that comes with the honors college have not heard of any other scholarship offers. He is OOS and we can’t afford full tuition.

I’m not aware of any scholarship that comes with the Honors college. What is that?

DD was invited to Honors College today…there’s an automatic 2500 scholarship?? Is this correct?? I don’t see any info on that.

Yes. My son was accepted into Honors. There is $2,500

Go to the Honors page. That’s where the $2,500 is listed.

What Honor’s page are you referring to?

I see a $2500 scholarship listed for Purdue University NORTHWEST (pnw.edu) on their Honors College page, but not on Purdue University in West Lafayette, IN Honors College page.

Stamps Semifinalist!