Benefits of applying early?

<p>Hey guys,</p>

<p>I am a prospective freshman about to apply at UW-Madison. I noticed they had two deadlines, one in November and the other in February. I was just wondering if there are any benefits of applying early, other than knowing your results sooner. </p>

<p>Thanks </p>

<p>The two periods are simply linked to when you get an answer by – the Nov date means you get an answer (admit/reject/postpone) by the specific January date. Otherwise, it is late March. Decisions come out during that window, and are not necessarily first in/first out. My student is at junior at UW and we have watched 3 admissions seasons here on CC – there is no apparent rhyme or reason to why some students hear sooner than others, as kids from same high schools may hear at different times etc. </p>

<p>I think it’s always better to apply as soon as possible. You may hear sooner or later, but there is no argument to applying later if you have all your material ready.</p>

<p>No benefit except peace of mind if you get an earlier acceptance. No scholarships to speak of so there is no need to apply by an early date to be eligible for merit money. They seem to be in the habit of postponing decisions to later round for students whose academic record is not as solid as they like to see, so no easier consideration goes to early apps. They do not order housing applications by date of submission like some schools, so getting the jump on housing doesn’t give any advantage. </p>

<p>Ok Thanks guys!</p>