Best dorms for an engineering major?

<p>So it seems like there are alot of options for housing at wisco. I plan on majoring in engineering so i want my dorm to be closer to the engineering buildings. I also don't want to live in the most boring place ever, but some chill elements would be nice. Anyideas on which dorm i should list as my first choice?</p>

<p>Bradley has lots of engineering majors here. Worth taking a look especially since it offers a bunch more programs to help students adjust to college.</p>

<p>cool, i am visiting soon, any others i should make sure to check out?</p>

<p>If you want to be close to the engineering buildings, you might want to look more towards Lakeshore - as far as I know they’re all pretty similar so pick whichever one. If you want a very studious environment and academic support, you might want to look into Chadbourne or Barnard.</p>

<p>oh alright, cool thanks</p>

<p>Your freshman courses will mainly be in L&S so it isn’t important to be near the engineering end of campus next year. The Lakeshore dorms area is nice in my book, however. Different lowrise styles, more variety than Southeast, btw- all info on the website. If you favor a highrise, being near to State St or SERF then choose a Southeast dorm. Consider where you would like to be after class/weekends to live, convenience to classes is minor- especially since you could have a class section in a building far from its department.</p>

<p>As a freshman, lakeshore and southeast are pretty much equal distance from your classes.
Lakeshore is barely closer to the engineering school than southeast is.
I am an engineering student and lived at Sellery last year and it was great, pretty close to all my classes(Van vleck, chemistry building,engineering buildings).
Sellery did get pretty wild and loud on Friday, Saturday, sometimes Thursday nights so if you ever study then, just go to the library. Sunday and weekday nights most students are studying and it was pretty quiet at Sellery.
Basically most students at Sellery/Witte are studying hard during the week, and partying hard on the weekends.
Hope this helps.</p>