Best housing options

I’m a senior and know that I’m probably going to go to Purdue and am wondering which housing options i should chose from. Still want to be on campus though at least the first year and am going into chemical engineering. PLEASE Advise!

Housing will depend on a lot of things. As a Freshman, you don’t really get to choose. You rate your preferences when registering for housing, but they will put you where they have space. Many Freshman students ended up in dorms that weren’t on their list of choices this year. Some are even in temporary housing in bunk style, ten-guys-to-a-room modified lounges because they have more students than space.

If you choose to live in a learning community, which many students do, you have no choice of housing as a Freshman. The learning community housing is pre-set. At this point, I would worry more about getting accepted to the college, and learning about the different program options. Make sure you apply before Nov. 1st so that you can be eligible for scholarships.