Best southern food? Particularly greens

<p>We have a new obsession with greens in our house and we’re betting Tuscaloosa has some of the best. Would love some recommendations!</p>

<p>Are you looking for restaurant ideas? Can’t give you those, but my favorite is mustard greens…more tender than collards.</p>

<p>Yes, restaurants. Sorry I didn’t make that clear!</p>

<p>Maggie’s Diner. Best soul food around.</p>

<p>1307 Ty Rogers Jr Ave
Tuscaloosa, AL 35401</p>

<p>Don’t know where y’all are from, but if you get a chance to try Fried Green Tomatoes, please do.</p>

<p>I love the food at Cypress Inn and think it has good Southern dishes on its menu. The view of the river can’t be beat, either.</p>

<p>Enjoy your visit!</p>

<p>This seems like a great time to mention my love of fried chicken livers. And banana pudding. </p>

<p>And if we’re talking restaurants, my DD says the Pita Pit closed. I loved that place, grime and all.</p>

<p>Not exactly greens, but make sure you find your way to dreamland. My first time ever in Tuscaloosa, my buddy and I drove from Rome, GA to Tuscaloosa in the dead of night because we got into an argument about whether the original dreamland did it better than the dreamland in atlanta. (Tuscaloosa’s IS better.)</p>

<p>But seriously. Dreamland. Some of the best BBQ outside of Memphis.</p>

<p>I had Pita Pit today for lunch! They just opened one on Naval Station Norfolk.</p>

<p>Our sorority house cook made wonderful turnip greens, which we loved springing on our Yankee pledges about the second week of school! I haven’t had them anywhere else, but I would def check City Cafe in Northport (gargantual portions); Maggie’s (here’s a link to a CW review: [Maggie?s</a> Diner provides Tuscaloosa with authentic ?meat-and-three? option](<a href=“Documenting Justice (Video) - The Crimson White”>Documenting Justice (Video) - The Crimson White) ); Northport Diner; and 15th Street Diner. Of course, all of these may not have greens on the menu every day.</p>

<p>Thanks for all of the suggestions! It’s 7:30am and I’m now starving for BBQ and greens. BTW, if you are ever in downtown Atlanta, give Fat Matt’s a try. We think it’s the best!</p>

<p>City Cafe is fantastic.</p>