Somebody give me a dinner idea for move-in

<p>We love Thai food, but it’s like we eat it every time we’re in Tuscaloosa.</p>

<p>Dreamland – been there, done that.</p>

<p>Any good Mexican food in town?</p>

<p>You are joking, right? My own D finally admitted after a month of being in Tuscaloosa that the one thing she does miss about Texas is the Mexican food. She tried several but none lived up to her Texas roots.</p>

<p>I’ll soon be opening a Mexican food establishment and a Whataburger in Tuscaloosa :).<br>
I wish!</p>

<p>Who cares about what the food tastes like? Move in is all about the drinking!</p>

<p>None of the Mexican places have even lived up to my sons <em>Indiana</em> roots (and I think we’ve tried them ALL). He says they’re locally referred to as Al-Mex, which is DISTINCTLY different from Mexican.</p>

<p>I can’t wait after everything is moved in to have a couple of drinks somewhere on the strip and just give a great big sigh of relief. Lol</p>

<p>Slippy- when are you moving in??</p>

<p>I am afraid my DS, also from Texas, is going to miss his TX Mex. He is however looking forward to going to a school where there is fried okra on a menu. Something he missed when we moved from Alabama to Texas. He checked the dining hall menu right after he got his acceptance letter. The boy loves his fried okra.</p>

<p>If we can’t find good Mexica food, I am curious about a good Margarita?</p>

<p>I’ve heard good things about Local Catch, but I’ve never been.</p>

<p>I love Glory Bound’s gyros.</p>

<p>I highly recommend Sitar Indian Cuisine, which is my favorite place in Tuscaloosa. They have a buffet that is reasonably priced and offers a lot of delicious options. If Indian food isn’t your thing, then try DePalma’s Italian Cafe which serves great food, with the homemade Portabella Mushroom Ravioli being my favorite followed by their White Chocolate Bread Pudding for dessert.</p>

<p>Ha, tx new college! My son has been getting his Whataburger in now.</p>

<p>LOL!!! My D sent me a list of places to eat at while home for 5 days.<br>
They included:
Whataburger
Mexican food
In n Out
Chicken Express
Raising Canes
A good steak and salmon (can be had in T-Town but she wants it where we parents can afford to go and take her to foot the bill)</p>

<p>Salmon is on tonights menu at home :)</p>

<p>The thai place on the strip has midnight $1 sushi according to my D.</p>

<p>DD and her 3 suite mates got all the parents to agree to dinner for the four of them and all the parents Thursday night at the Cypress Inn. We have never been there but remember that several people have recommended. Should be a nice “last supper”.</p>

<p>Los Torascos looks like a dive on the outside, but is fine inside. It’s pretty good. It’s on Skyland just east of Walmart.</p>

<p>My fave is Tazikis in midtown!</p>

<p>Little Italy! Ha!</p>

<p>Logan’s was good and was not crowded for us on a Friday night.</p>

<p>I would like to try glory bound.</p>

<p>Nicks was not as good as touted.</p>

<p>Depends what you are in the mood for.</p>

<p>We can’t go to T-Town without stopping in a Mugshots!</p>

<p>Love Mugshots. DH wanted Mellow Mushroom for lunch last week and was very disappointed when I told him they were closed. Thankfully, they open one near us very soon :slight_smile: Until then, it is nothing but My Fit Foods around here with fresh veggies and fruit :)</p>

<p>Okay, D did say that the Mexican food place on the strip was good. Not Moe’s. she said it is really small and across from Publix and down a bit towards Waffle Hoise.</p>

<p>I think that is a Chipolte’s.</p>