BFA acting: Pace or Depaul?

I’m 26 yrs old and I am a transfer student (studied web design) and I’m from NYC and I know it will be a difficult decision to choose between these two reputable BFA Acting programs. My main concern is feeling like I’m older than many of my classmates and not being able to relate to my age group. So far Depaul offered 32k talent scholarship (not including need-based aid yet) and Pace 19.5k deans transfer scholarship. I’ve lived in NYC my entire life and I feel this would be an opportunity to leave the city but at the same time because I would have to start as first year I don’t want to feel like I am with a bunch of straight out of highschool students. Anyone else have any experience as transfer to bfa acting or just an older applicant in general? Thanks. Also, I got waitlisted for rutgers mason gross and I am waiting on CalArts.

No matter where you go, you will be with first year students who are right out of high school. You are as old as you feel. So…go to the program you feel has the better opportunities for you.

Don’t worry about feeling old. DePaul (Acting) has a good amount of transfer students. Newly high graduates will out number the older transfers but there will be people that’ll be around your age range. I do know that most of the years have at-least 2 - 3 older folks.