Bike riding?

<p>Is U of A a good college campus for someone interested in riding their bike everywhere?</p>

<p>And what sort of bikes are typically used? Road, mountain, hybrid?</p>

<p>Lots of bikes on campus and in Tucson itself. They get stolen quite often even with the U-locks. My daughter got a cheap one this year when she moved off campus but she doesn’t use it all the time and she doesn’t like to ride thru campus with all of the bike and pedestrian traffic. If you are comfortable riding you will probably enjoy having your bike there. Not sure what kinds of bikes you will find there-probably not mountain bikes.
Good luck.</p>

<p>Bike riding is quite common on UA campus, especially through the UA Mall. Be careful of drivers and pedestrian traffic.</p>

<p>How about for an avid distance runner? Are there scenic and accessible trails?</p>

<p>Yes, bikes are popular here! I almost got killed by one on the way to class yesterday. The campus is big and it would help to have a bike.</p>

<p>maurawr - If you’re into biking, then definitely bike. Tucson is actually designated as a bike friendly town, so you’ll find plenty of people biking around. Any bike for campus would be good. Exception: if you want to bike mountain paths, get a mountain bike. But, if you just plan to stick to city riding, then def get a road bike. Learn to lock it up well - I’m talking chain and U lock as a basic - otherwise say goodbye to her :frowning: If you would like any further info feel free to ask! I was a UA Undergrad and will be returning for my Graduate studies in August! </p>

<p>Supersnakess - For an avid distance runner, try your luck in the State Parks. Otherwise you’ll be pounding pavement or dirt paths paralleling the canals. NAU is much better for runners, in my opinion.</p>

<p>Be very cautious biking at night, especially around midtown. I was born and raised in Tucson; I see lots of bikers get hit by stupid drivers.</p>

<p>rspence - Are you still in Tucson? This town is changing so much, it’s crazy! But, I definitely agree with you either way! :)</p>