Binghamton Fall 2017 Transfer

They said that the need to finish freshman applications by April 1st so those are the current priority. Relax they will get back to all of us as soon as they can.

bliknklight Freshman rejections and waitlists aren’t a signal that transfers will not be accepted. Freshman need different classes than people coming as sophomores of juniors. Think of yourself as competing for spots left vacant by people who transferred out, are studying abroad or have take a leave of absence rather than competing with the incoming first year students.

Got asked to complete a course progress report today.

@sccctransfer what is your gpa, how many credits you completed, and sat score? what program you applied? Still didn’t get asked for progress report.

have they asked you all for a progress report? I was told today that they ask every applicant for one.

@sccctransfer Do they email you when they ask for it or did you call?

@Transferouttt nope, I haven’t been asked for one

I got accepted to SOM back in February.

@Kev232

Applied for SOM
My Stats:
Freshman with 3.9 first semester, 18 college credits completed, A’s in 3 pre reqs in Stats, Macro, and Micro. Taking Calc for a summer class

High School Transcript: Beyond abysmal, couldnt tell you my GPA as I do not even know it lol. Got 1610 on 3 part old SAT (trash, yes I know).

@blinklight They emailed me telling me that Action was needed, and to check the status checker. What school did you apply to ?

@Transferouttt Do not necessarily know how true that is, considering someone a page or two back on this thread was denied without being asked to complete a course progress report.

@sccctransfer I applied to SOM as well

Stats for reference: Sophomore accounting major at a CUNY, 68 credits, 3.9 GPA, A in Calc, currently taking Stat, and took Micro/Macro AP in HS with a 4/5 respectively, didn’t send a HS transcript as it was unnecessary

what CUNY if you do not mind me asking ?

@sccctransfer Queens

I am in Guys…DEcker School of Nursing

Just got an email to check an update on my status…all the best to everyone

Congratulations! It is with great pleasure that I inform you of your admission to Binghamton University’s Decker School of Nursing for fall 2017.

The Decker School accepts transfer students at the sophomore and junior levels. You have been admitted as a junior. You must have all prerequisites completed prior to the start of the fall semester

Congrats!!! I’m anxiously awaiting to hear back from Decker. When did you apply, and would you mind saying your stats?

@Jberridge1 …Thank you. I applied late September.

GPA : 4.0
62 Credits
Westchester Community College

"Admission to Binghamton was especially competitive this year. You were selected from an extraordinarily accomplished and academically talented group of applicants, so you can take great pride in your hard work, dedication and achievements.

At Binghamton we instill a love of learning among our students, empowering them for a lifetime of success. Your comfort and sense of belonging here will result from working with faculty who are renowned teachers, scholars, practitioners and researchers, and with other exceptional students who will enrich your experiences.

To confirm your enrollment, submit a deposit online at paydeposit.binghamton.edu no later than May 1, 2017 or 20 days from the date of this letter, whichever is later."

Got an email around 5 pm today telling me to check the status checker for an update. I was accepted into SOM for fall 2017.

Good luck to everyone waiting to hear back!!

@blinklight congrats!!! & congrats to everyone who got accepted as well!
got an email 30 mins ago and was accepted into Watson!!

Got an email at 7pm today saying to check my status. I got into DSON for Fall 2017 as a sophomore!!